Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I thought if there were no established hunting season for an animal you couldn’t kill it. Since we have no axis deer season you wouldn’t be able to kill them legally. Same for cougars, snakes and bear. Only exception was if it was a threat.

·
Registered
347 Posts
A couple years ago a friend shot a red stag that somehow ended up in Crawford County. He took it to a cwd check station. He did not get in trouble bud mdc kept it.

·
4,830 Posts
I saw an article where a guy had shot a sika buck with a bow near KC when he was like 13 years old, and then shot one later at 35 or 40 near Bethany MO.(or Albany)
Two exotics in one lifetime.

·
Registered
31,643 Posts
Wasn't there a deal where somebody shot an elk around central MO a couple years ago and they took it away? If I shot it I'd get in the freezer quick and quiet.

·
4,830 Posts
Wasn't there a deal where somebody shot an elk around central MO a couple years ago and they took it away? If I shot it I'd get in the freezer quick and quiet.
I know there was an elk shot and checked in at our local check station towards the end of the check station era.
The elk went through our timber(big tracks in snow), and was shot about 1/2 mile from my house.
I checked a deer in 5 minutes after the guy checked the elk in. The old guy that ran the check station said I don't know what that was but it had feet the size of dinner plates.
I wish you would have been here at the same time cause I have no clue what it was but I called the game warden.

The conservation tracked it down and confiscated it, but the guy got a lawyer and got it back. Elk are a member of the deer family. Now if you notice the regulations state whitetail and mule deer only.
This was added into the wording after the guy shot the elk.

I am thinking late 90's on this one.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts