Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if my Polaris will run up around 9000 feet elevation? It is not fuel injected...I am trying to decide whether to take it or not on my vacation the first week of august.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Shouldn't have a problem, some folks that I know will drain the fuel tank and change the air filters. Get their fuel up in the mountains, they have a lower octane rating and motors are not as likely to heat up. I have rode them years ago up on a dude ranch and had no problems.

MoBowman ```--------->

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Rode mine all over up there last summer fireman.. no problems. '04 Yamaha and
not fuel injected.

Dont leave it behind! You'll regret it when ya get there.

Take yer gps and remind me in a couple of weeks and I'll
give you my Colorado atlas and gazeteer.. gotta have it.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
you know what i thought

honda and yamaha will do fine better rejet the polaris

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Bronco Brian
What your going on vacation for I wouldnt be riding a Polaris;)
I'll git plenty of time in THAT saddle too....hehehe...ya see, my daughter is taggin along, gots to have something for her to do too!!!!:wink:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I had a 400 2 stroke Polaris that we took when we went elk hunting. We camped at 8000 ft and hunted up to 11000 ft. The polaris dealer had me to rejet it. It ran great but don't know how it would of been if I hadn't rejetted it. Take it along you'll have a great time. Have a great day xx75-Billy Bridges

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
you know what i thought

honda and yamaha will do fine better rejet the polaris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.