atv mech.

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by peanut1, Jun 2, 2009.

1. peanut1

peanut1 Active Member

Oct 3, 2007
    ofallon
    i need someone or someone who knows someone that can fix atvs i am really looking for not a dealer minor work is needed old fuel out clean up carb.. any info is great thanks guys

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I had carb problems with my old 1986 Suzuki and no one would touch it. They said that if the bike was over 5 years old I'd have to find a junker and salvage parts off of it to fix any problems that I had. Finally got a Harley mechanic to take a look at it. He found the carb had gaskets that had crystalized and wouldn't keep gas stored for future startings. My problem was that it sat for weeks at a time and I would drain the battery trying to start it. No gas getting to the engine. Solved my problem with some starting fluid. Had to take the seat off and air cleaner and squirt the starting fluid into the carb and she would fire up and stay running. If I let it sit for more than 8 hours I'd have to do the starting fluid trick again. This Harley guy is no longer with us so you'll have to find your own. Good Luck

3. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    year, make, model? if its got an engine, i can work on it:cheers:

4. peanut1

peanut1 Active Member

Oct 3, 2007
    ofallon
    its a 1986 kaw. just needs old gas out and carb cleaned where you located at !!!!

5. peanut1

peanut1 Active Member

Oct 3, 2007
    ofallon
    oh jeremy what a way to get some $$$$ to get that:sniper: for your child

6. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    owensville/gaconade county

7. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    [rquote=1283746&tid=89784&author=Jeremy]year, make, model? if its got an engine, i can work on it:cheers:[/rquote]

I seen another post where some member was given all that up and sellin their tools.

Who was that? :thinking:

8. peanut1

peanut1 Active Member

Oct 3, 2007
    ofallon
    u2 at you jeremy

9. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1284112&tid=89784&author=Ghost Hunter][rquote=1283746&tid=89784&author=Jeremy]year, make, model? if its got an engine, i can work on it:cheers:[/rquote]

I seen another post where some member was given all that up and sellin their tools.

Who was that? :thinking:

[/rquote]

sellin all my tools, not a chance. i have somewhere in 30k wrapped up just in handtools that fit in my toolbox.