attention high school football coaches

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by DAWG, Oct 28, 2010.

1. DAWG

DAWG New Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Marionville
    how are your seasons going?...any playoff contenders?...our last district game is tonight and if we win, we're in...how are the rest of you faring?

2. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    We have been mathematically eliminated and so has our opponent, but we are playing our sister school Howell Central so there is plenty to play for. It has been a good season, competitive in all but one game. It's a pretty even matchup looking at common opponents so should be exciting!

3. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    macon plays tonight were undefeated were playing centrailia

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :D Is the parent of a player allowed to comment? :D

Hamilton is still undefeated on the year, and heading into their last game against a non-winning team in the district tonight.

It appears we will face Lawson the next time around, which could be a tough team. Lawson's loss to Lexington a couple weeks ago was a surprise. Lexington thumped them 28 to nothing!

The least amount of TD's Hamilton has defeated a team by this year has been 5. :eek:

Hamilton took the class 1 title last year, and was bumped to class 2 this year. We've got our fingers crossed for another trip to St. Louis! :banana-man-yeah:

5. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Centralia and Macon play tonight. They are both undefeated teams in the same district and ranked in the top 10 in class 2.
    Macon thumped Brookfield last week, who was the other ranked, undefeated team in that SAME DISTRICT! :eek:

Parker

6. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Good luck Macon, Centralia is always tough and our playoff nemesis. Since the watered down playoff system will get us in this year, we are in. We got blindsided by SC on our first district game, the first district game we've lost in 10 years. Maybe we'll meet up with Macon or Hamilton down the road.:claphands:

We are......Blair Oaks......We are......Blair Oaks....

7. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :D Trenton's coach called our offensive line small and scrappy on the radio last week the night before the game. :D I think he was talking about Long Branch. :D

Parker

8. RAGENTHECAGE

RAGENTHECAGE Senior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    MOBERLY MO
    We the Westran Hornets are ranked #1 in class 1A, we play a non winning Fayette team tonight at home. We are just waiting to see who we play first in state playoffs. MAN I HOPE WE MAKE IT TO THE DOME:praying:

9. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1867637&tid=130017&author=RAGENTHECAGE]We the Westran Hornets are ranked #1 in class 1A, we play a non winning Fayette team tonight at home. We are just waiting to see who we play first in state playoffs. MAN I HOPE WE MAKE IT TO THE DOME:praying:[/rquote]

:bowing: The dome was awwwwwwesome last year. I had NO idea how cool that was going to be!

Parker

10. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    [rquote=1867641&tid=130017&author=Parker][rquote=1867637&tid=130017&author=RAGENTHECAGE]We the Westran Hornets are ranked #1 in class 1A, we play a non winning Fayette team tonight at home. We are just waiting to see who we play first in state playoffs. MAN I HOPE WE MAKE IT TO THE DOME:praying:[/rquote]

:bowing: The dome was awwwwwwesome last year. I had NO idea how cool that was going to be!

Parker[/rquote]

Looks a whole bigger when you are down on the field. Marched on it 4 years in a row in Marching Band........ The noise level is out of this world during a Rams game (at least when the Rams are playing good)

11. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    How come the KC area and western MO teams seem to dominate the football championships over the last ten years or so? SOmething in the water? Mebb them eastsiders are getting soft.:D:D:D:cheers:

12. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    We have been decimated with injuries this year....

A promising season went down the drain about 5 weeks ago....:shrug:

Concussions.... At our wits end at what to do about them....:whinging:

One more game tomorrow night, that is still a winnable game, then I guess it's wait til next season.

13. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Our team needs a win to advance to the playoffs.

Parker, an old college roommate who was a groomsman in my wedding is a coach at Lawson.

All in all I am ready for basketball.

14. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1867650&tid=130017&author=callaojoe]We have been decimated with injuries this year....

A promising season went down the drain about 5 weeks ago....:shrug:

Concussions.... At our wits end at what to do about them....:whinging:

One more game tomorrow night, that is still a winnable game, then I guess it's wait til next season.[/rquote]

Quit hitting with helmets and use shoulder pads :shrug:
    Get better helmets for the kids
    We have had seasons like that too. I think we had 6 concussions one year.

15. thompson

thompson Active Member

Nov 26, 2007
    [rquote=1867623&tid=130017&author=Parker]Centralia and Macon play tonight. They are both undefeated teams in the same district and ranked in the top 10 in class 2.

Macon thumped Brookfield last week, who was the other ranked, undefeated team in that SAME DISTRICT! :eek:

Parker[/rquote]

Actually Brookfield loss to Centralia the week before.

16. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1867736&tid=130017&author=thompson][rquote=1867623&tid=130017&author=Parker]Centralia and Macon play tonight. They are both undefeated teams in the same district and ranked in the top 10 in class 2.

Parker[/rquote]

Actually Brookfield loss to Centralia the week before. [/rquote]

:scared: Whoops. That district is confusing! Someone is going to get ripped out of a playoff birth!

EDIT: Thompson, that is not was it says on the MSHSAA website? :confused: https://www.mshsaa.org/Schools/SportsAndActivities/Schedules.aspx?s=104&alg=19

Also says Centralia played Hallsville last week.

https://www.mshsaa.org/Schools/SportsAndActivities/Schedules.aspx?s=53&alg=19

Parker

17. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Ya, getting the kids to quit hitting with helmets, is always tuff... Too much sports center I guess.....:shrug:

As for the better helmets, the one guy we lost, already had a top-o-the-line, supposedly concussion preventing helmet.... His parents spent something like $500 on it....:shrug:

He was our Mike, and man o man did we miss him....

18. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1867745&tid=130017&author=callaojoe]Ya, getting the kids to quit hitting with helmets, is always tuff... Too much sports center I guess.....:shrug:

As for the better helmets, the one guy we lost, already had a top-o-the-line, supposedly concussion preventing helmet.... His parents spent something like $500 on it....:shrug:

He was our Mike, and man o man did we miss him....
    [/rquote]

It's easy to get em to quit when they can't play because of it. :whiteflag:

19. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    centraila and brookfield was a heck of a game , centrailia won in the last 30 seconds of the game

20. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO