Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just clicked on their sight.. didn't see any LR shooting per se but just gave it a quick 1nce over.. what type of weapon you taking? I'd be real interested in your review after its all said n done
Thompson Center Performance Center 6.5 creedmoor with vortex viper mrad scope

Click on Midwest classes and this Saturday's date the 29th to see the class

· Registered
4,733 Posts
I had a class instructed by one of their people. The instructor was a SEAL with eleven combat deployments. The class was about gunfighting in and around vehicles. The instructor was well qualified, he was prepared, personable and down to earth. I learned from the class and enjoyed it.

· Don't mind me
10,379 Posts
I had a class instructed by one of their people. The instructor was a SEAL with eleven combat deployments. The class was about gunfighting in and around vehicles. The instructor was well qualified, he was prepared, personable and down to earth. I learned from the class and enjoyed it.
Shoot through the door into their pelvis first right? That's what my buddy that taught a class down there told me they train for. Said they had a car with a bunch of holes in the drivers door. haha
He may have been doing that specific training up closer to Chicago though.

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was ok

Basically a couple of hours of basic theory

Then open range time with 12 people just shooting at whatever target they choose (there were no designated shooting lanes) You can't tell where you hit with 12 people shooting at the same target

The staff was awesome

Bring lunch or pay $10 for whatever they have catered.

Bring your own firearm and ammunition or rent theirs and buy their ammunition

We had a lady there that took up all the instructors time because she never shot before

· Registered
4,733 Posts
You saying all of you were banging away at the same target? How do you measure precision that way?

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You saying all of you were banging away at the same target? How do you measure precision that way?
It was basically there's the targets 50-600 yds... GO!

My buddy was trying to sight in a rifle on the 50 yd target and there were so many bullet holes we couldn't dial in.

They need designated lanes and targets for each shooter but do not

2,031 Posts
Watch the NSSF videos on YouTube. They have great fundamental instruction for long range shooting.

Learn your scope, learn your ammo characteristics (whether hand loads or factory) and practice. Shoot at steel which you can paint and see your point of impact.

Most important part? But a phenomenal spotting scope. Best money I've ever spent and worth every penny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.