Asking for your input

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by TATER, May 27, 2009.

1. TATER

TATER Well-Known Member

I'd like to ask you waterfowlers for some serious input.

This Saturday 5/30/09 members of the Missouri Waterfowl Association (MWA) are going to meet with representatives of the MDC regarding the current and future state of waterfowl hunting in Missouri. I would like to know if there is any serious topics or questions that you would like brought up.

Now I would like to ask you a question. As we understand it, currently the Federal framework says that if a state has more then 2 zones that it cannot have split seasons. In Missouri we have the North, Middle and South. Therefore we cannot open the season in an area, close it for a few weeks and then re-opn it til the end of the season. Would you prefer only having two zones if we could then have split seasons?

Tater

2. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    yes.....or make the seasons later

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    depends on the dates of the split seasons, depends on where you split the zones up

ill nod w/ anything they do as long as you get the south zone open through feb :D

4. Most I have talked to in the Southern Zone would like the season be pushed back just a bit.

5. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

i would be in favor of anything that has the season running later weather that means a split season or season starting later.

6. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    kansas has a split season and it isn't bad. i like the chance to hunt freeze up. i agree that the dates need set back. as for the split zones, i kind of like it myself, hunting the middle while south is closed. problem we see is middle is usually getting good when it shuts down and the birds sit and don't filter. there is always the revamping of the parks as well but i fear that will never change. for some reason they are proud of that. maybe the idea of banning spinners. probably the biggest thing i would like to see is the limit on mallards raised to 5 with only one hen allowed. of course i have cussed and discussed these on several occassions and you can't get waterfowlers to agree on anything except we love our way of life.

7. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

[rquote=1276936&tid=89364&author=knockemdeadd]

yes.....or make the seasons later[/rquote]

I agree with this dude. :dancin:

8. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Oh yeah, don't forget the Spring Taxidermy season. ;) :whistle:

9. goosekilla

goosekilla Senior Member

Dec 9, 2008
    west of STL
    There should be a split to ease up on all of our STALE ducks.

The goose season should open 2 weeks later and stay open 2 weeks into feb. If they really want to control the canada goose pop like other states they would think hard about this. Several other states and providences do this. the first 2 weeks of season we are just hunting the same birds we did a month earlier. Not doin much good they should just make our early season longer or allow us to shoot 5 geese per day like Alabama

10. Swampy

Swampy New Member

I think Tim is looking for some reasonable input on this situation.You can beg, borrow, steal and murder and you will never shoot a duck past Jan. Does the South zone not want to open duck season until after Thanksgiving weekend? To get in 5 more days than they did last season that would be the correct scenario. Ask for changes within Federal Guidelines. I seriously doubt Mo. will ever go to a two zone with split in this state. It would give us too much hunting in this state with easy travel between zones and truthfully when has the MDC really wanted you to kill ducks???? If they wanted us to kill ducks all day every day there would be no draw in areas.

11. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    like the goaters you guys are never happy!!!!:claphands::claphands:

haven't been duckin for two season's but I do remember watching all the ducks while goose hunting....later season's

12. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    i want 2 zones:cheers::cheers: and no floods this year please

13. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1277430&tid=89364&author=leasburg] no floods this year please[/rquote]

i would welcome floods, providing:

a. its in december in the south
    b. it doesnt harm anyone

:D

14. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1277430&tid=89364&author=leasburg]i want 2 zones:cheers::cheers: and no floods this year please[/rquote]

look outside, probably won't be flooding tomorrow:drunk::pop:

15. Swampy

Swampy New Member

No floods until December:rof2: Have the MDC force the USCOE to open the gates on Truman and LOZ to prevent any flooding of the Osage Flood Plain.:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

16. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    no floods on duck parks please

17. Swampy

Swampy New Member

[rquote=1277466&tid=89364&author=leasburg]no floods on duck parks please[/rquote] Personally I hope they have fire, locust and floods on every one of them. maybe throw in a couple earthquakes to rid them of a boat ramp every 1/2 mile plus all their directional arrows. Keep it on the Mo. side since only one in KS. makes you check in but does not limit total numbers of hunters. Duck season in Mo. would be so much better without the MDC keeping me off of public grounds.

18. JustBob

JustBob New Member

I wish they would increase the limit on canadian geese.