Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of Artifact is this Rock? I found it in a Field the other day. Kinda lookd like something the Indian's used to start Fire's with to me... also resembles an Axe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Looks like a prehistoric petrified potatoe :hysterical: but really, i have no clue, does look pretty cool tho, great find :cheers:
lol

I was gonna say ask Parker it might be a game piece or sumpin...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
nut cracker. I have found a few on camp sites sometimes with a pitted spot on each side.

Now nut cracker is just what me and my buddies call them there may be an actual name for them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool

Originally posted by T- Bone
nut cracker. I have found a few on camp sites sometimes with a pitted spot on each side.

Now nut cracker is just what me and my buddies call them there may be an actual name for them
That's good to know. Theirs a small pit on the otherside. So that probably is what it is (Nutcracker)... Most ot the wear is on the side in the Scan though. The bottom flat side is wrn smooth and shiny looking. The rest is pretty rugged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,764 Posts
If I were you I would wait and see what DSG has to say. Rumor has it he is a big time rock collector. Picks them up all the time and has box after box at his house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
If I were you I would wait and see what DSG has to say. Rumor has it he is a big time rock collector. Picks them up all the time and has box after box at his house.
Oh MAN :stickfight: And I was just gonna compliment you on your choice of philosophy from the "quotes" thread. :rotfl: You quoted Neitche, I had no idea Hoytshooter! :cheers:

Outdoorsman. It could possibly be a banner stone but I'm no expert as Hoytshooter has implied. ;)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,632 Posts
I think I've got one just like that in the door panel of my Malibu. :hysterical:

Just kidding. I don't have a clue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,764 Posts
DSG
I thought you'd get a kick out of that last post after our conversation at the classic!!

I'm glad you enjoyed my chosen quotes. Not sure if it's a good thing that you were surprised or not. I'm guessing you thought I was an idiot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
DSG

I'm guessing you thought I was an idiot!
You people have gots to stop! DS f'n G is in tears! :hysterical:

Actually Hoytshooter considering your close friends I believe idiot is too strong of a word.............:stickfight: :hysterical: "Maroon" may be more appropriate! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the replies and info ya'll. I have heard of Bannerstone's... I'll try and do some research on them, and see what Pic's I can find on the Net...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,764 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Actually Hoytshooter considering your close friends I believe idiot is too strong of a word.............:stickfight: :hysterical: "Maroon" may be more appropriate! :D
:rotfl::rotfl::neuspeuter:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top