Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Brand?
What Model?

I myself have switched to Gold Tip Ultra Light 400's.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
used CX300's several years now for hunting. They work well, but if they hit something too solid, they seem to split at the knock end.

this year I went to CXL2's for 3D. I really like the way they fly and they have bought me a few points, but they are pretty fragile. It does not take much of a hit from another arrow to spilt them or put a crease in them. And when I pull a screw up and hit a tree, they explode.

thinking about getting some Gold Tip 30X Pro's before long though. I don't know any one who has used them though. With archery season almost here, it will be time to change things over to an indoor set-up.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Gold Tip XT. Fairly tough arrow and at .003 they fly very well. I think it would be very difficult to tell the difference between these and the .001. Don't see where the difference justifies the added cost.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I like my Carbon Tech Cheetah 3D's and their less expensive Cheetah 45/70's. They both shoot in the same hole when they are outfited the same. They are among the most accurate shafts available and made in the USA.

I recommend them.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,284 Posts
Currently shooting Easton XX75 2314 and XX78 2315. I'm looking to switch to carbons and will be following this thread to see what the other experts are using.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I shoot Gold Tip XT's....If I can't tear em up, they gotta be good!!!

Daughter shoots the same, off her Outback...

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Mobowman, why you think I switched to GT. I know you know what's good man. I figured I should give em a try, and the price I paid for a dozen of these was only ten bucks higher than the BP brand Carbon Maxx. Not a bad deal.

BTH

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I shoot Easton Carbon Epics... :wave:

·
Registered
70,468 Posts
Just switched from XX75 2117 Aluminum to Carbon Express Maximas 350. They shoot way better than the aluminum ones do at the range. As for game....that will be determined at a later date.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman
Just switched from XX75 2117 Aluminum to Carbon Express Maximas 350. They shoot way better than the aluminum ones do at the range. As for game....that will be determined at a later date.
MM, you'll like them on game too...better arrow flight means better broadhead flight, which means better penetration...and ya know what betta penetration means!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.