Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these 4 Artifact's the past couple of Day's... anyone know what type they are? I know the Drill is a Trinagular drill...I think the 1/2 of one might be a Hopewell... and the nicest intact one, maybe a Robbins Point? The one with a barb on on side, and shoulder on the other, maybe a Dovetail?

Attachments

·
5,632 Posts
From left to right...

Flat grey rock

Pointy white rock

Pointy grey rock

Chicken bone

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
From left to right...

Flat grey rock

Pointy white rock

Pointy grey rock

Chicken bone
LOL....chicken bone...cracks me up...I'll see if I can find out this afternoon what those are...IF I can find my book!!!!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
neat,that something i can not find at all

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
But its not just any chicken bone, its a prehistoric chicken bone, surely if you took it to the museum theyd buy it for 1 million dollars
hahaha very funny... it's a Drill. :***:

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Originally posted by Outdoorsman
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
But its not just any chicken bone, its a prehistoric chicken bone, surely if you took it to the museum theyd buy it for 1 million dollars
They used a chicken bone for a drill?? No wonder it broke!:peepwall:

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by sand_manms

They used a chicken bone for a drill?? No wonder it broke!:peepwall:
:hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
some smart :***:
Hey i resemble that remark :rotfl:

Alot of People here just interested in the # of post's they have, instead of making an intelligent reply.
Settle there tiger.. i can be intelligent as the next ******* out there, no need to get your panties in a wad.. I was merely kiddin, no need to flip a trigger.

I guess most of you poster's on this thread can't appreciate ancient Artifact's...
I appreciate them, i posted a picture of one a while back... Maybe i should go find some more?

:D

·
Registered
3,647 Posts

Alot of you poster's on this thread can't appreciate ancient Artifact's... besides Fireman and Coyotehunter.
Ummmmm, Outdoorsman, that's incorrect.

I hadn't said anything for one simple reason. I din't wanna hurt your feelings. But since you brang it up.

What you have there is plain old field points. And all but one of them is broken plain old field points. Neat finds for sure, but they have little value (the broken ones 0 value) cept to the guy that found them.

Enjoy your finds. No offense, just tellin the trufe. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I never said they were worth alot of Money... Just like to know what type they are... Adena, Robins, etc... and yeah I found them, so I'm partial to them... and they're worth more to me no doubt.

Heck, I never said that I was trying to sell them or anything... and the sarcastic post that if I took the Chicken Bone as they called it to the Museum maybe they'd offer me a Million Dollars for it crap... Just rubs a Guy the wrong way I guess.

·
5,632 Posts
My formal apology:

I am sincerely sorry if I upset anyone over my above comment. I was merely trying to be funny. Guess that'll teach me, huh?

Nice finds. Can't say I'd be any less excited if I would have found them. However, I wouldn't have known that the first or the last artifacts were anthing but 1) a good skipping rock, and 2) just some odd shaped stone.

Again, I apologize.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At least you found some T-Bone... I found 3 of these in an hour's time on Friday, and the other one in 2 hour's time on Saturday... They were all on one corner of the Field... Never even see many Rock's period... in most of the Field, just this one area...

·
Registered
38,393 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Where you found these artifacts sounds like a good place to look again sfter a nice rain they will be a little more visible if your hunting a field.

I found my first one when crossing the creek during deer season never thought much of it other then being a neat find and then a couple years later while working the bottom I had to slip down in the creek to find a log for a potty break (nice way to say it) while I was sitting there on that log I found 3 arrow heads in the rock bar. I have been hunting them since even have a Mastodon tooth that I found in the creek.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.