Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been seeing this advestised here and there and wondering if anyone on here has broke down and spend the $150 for it and if so is it all that it's being hyped up about. Principal of it sounds solid pretty cool idea, but wondering if the polarity of the magnets actually create more drag on the arrow then a normal rest. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'd like to know if anyone has any personal reviews for that rest too. It's a cool design and all, but don't know much about it...:confused:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I'm still thinking you'd have a clearance problem at some times

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Don't know much about it. But I do know you have to put some type of insert in your shaft. Not sure how much those weigh though. Neat concept, but I kinda look at it the same as I do those lighted nocks.......not for me.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i played with one up at butches in palmyra a few weeks ago.like mobowman said you have to have a special insert which is pretty heavy.and if you overdraw it falls off real easy,all in all i wasn't real impressed.i think they need to do some work on it to take out some of kinks out of it before i put it on my bow.but it is a neat concept though.

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Let's see......$150 for the rest and $20 for 6 inserts.......pretty pricey to me. Of course I'm an old dog and it takes time to teach me a new trick.

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
I think that the rest is coated with a rubbery coating with the magnets enclosed. This would keep the noise to a minimum. The insert weighs 50 grains (30 grains more than a normal insert) which would slow down your arrow. The ad says that at full draw you can push down on the arrow and it will flex before it breaks the magnetic field. So your 100 grain broadhead will now weigh 130 grains to speak. Something to consider if going in this direction.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I messed with one, and was not impressed at all the added weight could be offset with a lighter broadhead but that adds more expence to the overall set up. In my opinion it is pretty dang hard to beat the Trophy Taker or a WB for hunting .......just my .02

Chromie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.