Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I'm also a little confused. Unless your arrows are bent I would bet that it's the bow that need attention not the arrows.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking.

Or nocs too tight on the new string...maybe?
I'm thinkin tuning on the bow.

Do the arrows spin test alright ?

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
little more clear now...I was thinking you didn't have any really flying good.

I would imagine those few are messed up in one way or another. Maybe you tore some fletching or they are a little bent. Hang the fletching off of a flat surface and roll the arrow to see if it's straight, or spin it with the point on your palm and watch the knock. Lots of ways to check for straight.
It could be a bunch of things, I've even had glue fro mthe inserts break of inside the shaft and mess up arrow flight. When I get an arrow that I know is a flyer I stop shooting it.
One other thing...do you have the same tips on all of your arrows? I did this just the other day, had 3 arrows not shooting the same and couldn't figure out why, the rest were pretty good. Then I realized I had different field points in those three arrows.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
First thing I would do is get some spray on foot powder and spray the fletchings down, shoot em and see if you have any contact problem some where. You may just need to turn the nocks abit to get better clearence. Not sure if you have a drop rest or shoot thru but check every where contact is possible.

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Could be a number of things CP. I'd look for minor cracks on the nock end. Maybe you have whacked your nocks outta kilter beating your arrows together. Hoytshooter weighed in wiff some good thoughts above too.

I've got a couple of arrows that fly kinda wierd too but they hit the right spot normally, all it is with them as they have a vane or two that is not on exatly right. Long as I'm just shooting field points I don't worry bout it. Long as they hit right.

·
27,514 Posts
Did you paper tune it? Check that one arrow against the rest. If it isn't shooting correct though paper, then set it aside and forget about it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,218 Posts
Is your offset vane up or down? The reason I ask is because of the bristles on the WB. The vanes shouldn't be hitting the black portion. Only the brown portion. So you offset vane should be pointing up.

Ask least that's how I do it and that is what I've read.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,468 Posts
The noisy arrow is a loose fletch. It may be tight on both end & loose in the middle, or loose on one end, but a noisy fletch will almost always be loose or torn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.