Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the range and I got a couple of rounds in before it started raining. I had no problems prior to the rain. I shot my arrows a round or two in a light rain and then the next round the arrow would fall off of the string after I got it pulled back. I tried about 10 times and with different arrows and everyone fell off. The arrows ar carbon express. Should I get different knocks, I tried to bite the knock to make it pinch harder but that didn't work either. What should I do?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just replaced my strings and cabels (sp.) about 2 weeks ago. I have probably shot 200-250 arrows and haven't had a problem until they got wet tonight. It concerns me because I don't mind hunting in the rain. As soon as they got a little wet they just kept falling off. Should I take it back to the shop that I bought the arrows and see what they have to say. I also paper tuned my bow and had 3 arrows have the fletching ripped off. It seems like they are hardly glued on. Should I complain about this.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was Andy's archery in Liberty. I really like the guys there but they have high school kids doing all the work, as far as arrows are concerned. Just my observation though. It seems like they just didn't get enough glue on the vanes. They were quik spin vanes if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
CP, Reif snider Mon a.m. for some cqb/ccw actual, and a long shot/archery practice as well with dwb, you in?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Center Punch
Yep Nicholas. And if the angle is great enough on the short axle bow I can see how it could just get pinched off...
i shoot an outback so the angle is pretty acute. I think your right about it pinching it off. Is there anything I can do to make it not pinch it off when it is wet out? I now knock below the and then I have a little rubber piece that I put my trigger up against. It does look to be pretty pinched when I pull it back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds like a pinch job to me.A longer throated knock will help if they make one for your arrows.This helped me a few years back but I have went to a loop the past several years.The loop will do the trick but will shorten your draw length.A rope style release would solve it also.
Better to find it now that in the woods later.
Good luck!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.