Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded Easton's Arrow Chart calculator and they have a FOC calculater with it. I typed everthing thing in for my axis 400 arrows and it came up with 11.6%. I don't know if thats a good percentage or not?:confused:

I was thinking about switching to FMJ'S 340 next year and I was wandering if it would be worth the time to have them put in 25 grain brass inserts to get a little better FOC?

Here is a link to the software if you want it

http://www.eastonarchery.com/download/software

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Everything I've read says anywhere between 7 and 14 percent FOC so you should be good.

Oh and Elkie he does shoot great with the cx300's but experience tells me it's more the operator than the arrows FOC.:D

BTH

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Nice!:eek:::eek::

Now it will be 12 everytime!

Hope to shoot with ya soon.

BTH

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about the 25 grain insert? Has anyone ever put these in before?

I will be turning my bow up to high 60's maybe 70lbs this year and a heavier arrow trying to get where I can get some more energy in the air. I am sure a extra 25 grains wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
[rquote=1566940&tid=108945&author=thompson]How about the 25 grain insert? Has anyone ever put these in before?

I will be turning my bow up to high 60's maybe 70lbs this year and a heavier arrow trying to get where I can get some more energy in the air. I am sure a extra 25 grains wouldn't hurt either.[/rquote]

do a search for EXTREME front of center, and read Dr. Ashby's reports on the subject. I'm headed that same direction as you, heavier spined arrah, heavier insert/tip weight, to bring the spine back in for my setup. Fun to tinker, eh!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a reason for doing this. If I hit a deer in the shoulder, I want it to go through. I know people will tell me to shoot muzzy's, but I want to shoot rage's. I hit a good one in the shoulder last year and watch run away with about 2" of my arrow in the shoulder.:mad2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.