Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they good to see in a thermal scope ? Or spotlighting a better option ? I have rode my mule around in late summer and killed several .
I get done with hay I need to start an extermination.
Hit a mound while mowing hay best be ready to cowboy up!

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve shot many with a .22 that’s all I’ll shoot off my mules . Goggling I’ve seen several stories of ricochets of 9mm 38special.
I’ve never thought about it…

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Killed one in SE Pike in March. Had something dig 8 to 10" holes 3' deep in my barns. thought it was start of ground hog troubles. Could it have been that armadillo?
They dig holes and dens worse than ground hogs . I haven’t had any in the barn but out in fields and they seem to like my terraces also.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,278 Posts
Everytime I see people talking about armadillos, I can't help but think of this movie... If you have seen it, you know why.

Have this one in my cabin's DVD collection... :D

• Haha
Reactions: 421sd

·
Part-time malcontent
8,004 Posts
Everytime I see people talking about armadillos, I can't help but think of this movie... If you have seen it, you know why.

Have this one in my cabin's DVD collection... :D

Used to watch that regularly. Haven’t seen it in years, need to watch again.

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
A bit off-topic, but are you guys seeing the armadillos this year like in the past? I feel like I've seen a lot fewer in the past year. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Not that I'm complaining by any means. They are a pita.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
A bit off-topic, but are you guys seeing the armadillos this year like in the past? I feel like I've seen a lot fewer in the past year. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Not that I'm complaining by any means. They are a pita.
I haven’t seen as many or as many dead ones along along the road the last two years. Two winter ago we had one pretty significant snow and protracted cold spell that I think knocked them back a little bit. I actually found several frozen solid that winter.

·
Registered
820 Posts
When we're in a drought and hot if we ever get a decent rain they will be out in daytime. 3 or 4 years ago had a day l like that in August and saw 7. Shot several of them.
I've had a lot take a 22 hit and run off but assume they die in the burrow.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Seth I was wondering the same thing. I feel like this summer and last I haven’t been seeing as many and a lot less down south around table rock. Used to have them every night down there in the yard and I don’t want to say this but I haven’t seen one in the yard in two years.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Mostly nocturnal, but had a couple tearing up my yard this spring. Shot with 22, they ran off, but have not seen them since.

Reactions: BC-Buck
1 - 15 of 15 Posts