Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Are you tired of Hawks constant turkey jerk threads?

• Yes

Votes: 40 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.1%
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

Under appreciated
Discussion Starter · #61 ·

Vendor
Indeed... glad to hear you say that. 馃槅
You need to remember, I dont try to resist. I find the entire thing hilarious.

Under appreciated
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I rest my case. 馃槅

Registered
Below are 3 quotes/snippets from Sully's thread! TWO are from MDC, and one of those from a top bio! IMO, it clearly shows that trapping can and does 100% help. I get hawk will say that if you trap up to nesting it helps, but dead critters cannot eat live critters! IMO, there is zero reason that trapping season should be extended, even to year round (mirro the coyote season) especially since the resource is underutilized, i.e. abundant and rapidly growing.

MDC DEER

As for large scale reduction of predator numbers...there simply are not enough individuals interested in hunting and trapping of fur bearers for the specific reason you stated. There's no money in it.

Discussions of expanding seasons for raccoons have been brought before the regulations committee and are strongly opposed by the trappers of the state because trapping would occur outside of the time when furs are "prime".

MACONPIC

Habitat improvement with predator control had the highest production - though not statistically significantly higher than habitat improvement alone.

CHUCK88

well I read your MDC, thing and here's my take on it.
one thing that has really cut down trapping and hunting predators is low prices, the second and another big aspect of it is Deer hunting.

Vendor
Below are 3 quotes/snippets from Sully's thread! TWO are from MDC, and one of those from a top bio! IMO, it clearly shows that trapping can and does 100% help. I get hawk will say that if you trap up to nesting it helps, but dead critters cannot eat live critters! IMO, there is zero reason that trapping season should be extended, even to year round (mirro the coyote season) especially since the resource is underutilized, i.e. abundant and rapidly growing.

MDC DEER

As for large scale reduction of predator numbers...there simply are not enough individuals interested in hunting and trapping of fur bearers for the specific reason you stated. There's no money in it.

Discussions of expanding seasons for raccoons have been brought before the regulations committee and are strongly opposed by the trappers of the state because trapping would occur outside of the time when furs are "prime".

MACONPIC

Habitat improvement with predator control had the highest production - though not statistically significantly higher than habitat improvement alone.

CHUCK88

well I read your MDC, thing and here's my take on it.
one thing that has really cut down trapping and hunting predators is low prices, the second and another big aspect of it is Deer hunting.
Do you know what " not statistically significant" means?

None of those support your stance.

PURE KILLER
Hawk and Henry remind of two crackheads jumping around and talking to themselves and thinking the whole world believes in them. :)

Under appreciated
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Hawk and Henry remind of two crackheads jumping around and talking to themselves and thinking the whole world believes in them. :)
Whats funny is I start a poll to see if people are tired of this s hit and he turns the poll itself into another turkey jerk. 馃槅 馃槅 馃槅 馃槅 馃槅

If he'd quit responding, maybe the YES votes would tame down.

Reactions: Hawk

Vendor
Screenshot_20210610-131257_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

61 - 68 of 68 Posts