Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up highway 61 yesterday didn’t see that many deer hit by vehicles. Other year this part of the rut seems like about one per mile. Don’t think population has changed that much. You all seeing the same as other years.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I-70 had a ton of dead deer from day to day the last 2-3 weeks. But I did notice them being picked up more than in the past for some reason . But then others rotted away in the median. Hard to say. I know I’ve seen a bunch here locally in SoCo the last week.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,983 Posts
No. I’m seeing more than the normal amount. They’re literally everywhere.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Yeah they’re everywhere. New splatters every night on 61

Reactions: bverboy

·
Registered
844 Posts
I’ve been seeing a lot. I think MODOT or maybe someone else is actually picking them up this year because I have also seen a lot more road crews scraping them up. Maybe people are complaining more.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,496 Posts
Yeps lotsa dead ones.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
From the last week of October to late last week there has been a few but not many on my way to hunt. From Friday to last night there was a significant amount more and even last night I seen more deer standing in the road than weeks prior.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nope not even close to as many as last year. I drive 150 to 200 mile daily in morgan and benton counties and havent seen near as many. Not that I'm complaining when I drive that much just that I've noticed a huge drop off from past years

Reactions: BC-Buck

·
1,503 Posts
I haven't in my body shop had as many deer hits as I have in 19 and 20. But the amount of other collision is really busy. 2019 was unreal with deer collision, more than ever. I knew that year when the peak of the rut hit. My small shop picked up that year 12-13 in three days and couple were totaled . Probably did around 80 deer hits that year plus other collision.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't in my body shop had as many deer hits as I have in 19 and 20. But the amount of other collision is really busy. 2019 was unreal with deer collision, more than ever. I knew that year when the peak of the rut hit. My small shop picked up that year 12-13 in three days and couple were totaled . Probably did around 80 deer hits that year plus other collision.
Your post is good indicator for this subject. Your shop in Lincoln county? Also think the state has been pretty quick at picking up hit deer this year.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Drive from Scott City to Festus and you’ll see about 100 dead deer. Maybe they’re just not cleaning them up as much?? Don’t know, but I also saw a ton of deer in fields last week and this Monday. More than anywhere I’ve seen in the other parts of the state.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,496 Posts
Crossbows are taking their toll, and killing the deer before the cars can get it done. :D

• Haha
Reactions: kgdog

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I drove from Bland to Hermann to Chamois to Linn to Mt Sterling and back to Bland between 7am and 10:30am this morning and only noticed one or two road kills and only saw two deer (couple does feeding along side of road at 9am). That's a pretty good little jaunt to only see 1 or 2 road kill.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts