Are they bravin the wind....

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by beardsNspurs78, Nov 13, 2010.

1. beardsNspurs78

beardsNspurs78 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Philly, MO
    Ya'll see deer this mornin in the fields or in the timber? They were definitely in the timber on the farm we hunted. We did see a few in the fields but they were pushed by guys ridin their wheelers around on the other side of the field. Not countin the ones that got pushed into the open....did ya see em in the woods or fields?

2. 76_michael

76_michael Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    runni in the feilds

3. MajorWyss

MajorWyss New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Audrain
    Everything we saw this morning was in timber. I always see stuff in the fields out here, but not this morning at all. This wind is fierce. We saw a small doe, followed by a young 4-point, a big mature doe with another smaller doe, and a nice big 8. Couldn't get a shot off on the 8. Froze up after 3 hours, and had to head back up to the house.

4. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    11 does 3 bucks all in corn and bean fields. 3 does feeding right now

5. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    I seen 9 in the timber. Jenny seen 6. My brother saw a brute chasin does, plus 12 others in the crp. The wind didn't seem to bother them.

6. woodcarver

woodcarver Active Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Smithville
    I'm still in my stand, timber I quit counting the deer, they are thick in here

7. Mofireman39

Mofireman39 New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Seen a whopping one deer so far today, and I chased it out of the timber walking in around noon.

Sucks!!

Mofire

8. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I saw one tall-tined 10 that would go 140 (he wasn't very wide) and that was it. He was in the timber.

9. Monster J

Monster J Member

Oct 10, 2009
    USA
    [rquote=1894816&tid=131999&author=woodcarver]I'm still in my stand, timber I quit counting the deer, they are thick in here[/rquote]I've never had that problem . I wish I would!