Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother took his son to hunt over some sunflower food plots last weekend in Northern MO. Nothing flying and even driving around did not see any on power lines. You guys been seeing much?

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,882 Posts
Been horrible for us. I've been to 4 different area's in the NE. Mowed my own sunflowers last week & there's barely any dove using it. Neighbor just cut corn & there were no dove up there last night when I drove by.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Woke up this morning to gunshots. I’ve heard a bunch of shooting this morning over cut corn fields. Surprising because driving around the past few weeks I haven’t seen many doves.

·
Under appreciated
89,149 Posts
Probably due to seed treatments and chemicals. Kidding :D

We had some flying over the weekend but not like it usually is. Have a BIG sunflower plot down the road and I sat and watched for a while from the road (nobody hunting) and only saw a couple, glad I worked on stands instead, it was HOT but lower humidity so tolerable.

·
Under appreciated
89,149 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,882 Posts
At 6 30 I drove the ranger through my mowed sunflowers & flushed a whopping single dove.

·
Registered
32,330 Posts
I could probably kill a half dozen walking around my yard and down the road.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Missouri Hunting mobile app

·
Registered
342 Posts
Been horrible for us. I've been to 4 different area's in the NE. Mowed my own sunflowers last week & there's barely any dove using it. Neighbor just cut corn & there were no dove up there last night when I drove by.

Pro tip

Start speaking in plural instead of singular and you may see more. If you go out wanting to shoot dove you are shooting yourself in the foot. Go try to shoot some doves man.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,882 Posts
Pro tip

Start speaking in plural instead of singular and you may see more. If you go out wanting to shoot dove you are shooting yourself in the foot. Go try to shoot some doves man.

After the season I've had, I've lost all that optimism. :) Still holding out a little hope that killmode can find some down south or we get a push of birds (see, I can still do plural) from the north.

·
Quack
5,332 Posts
planted 20 acres of industrial hemp.

never seen so many doves in all my life.

Reactions: vonfatman

·
Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,419 Posts
planted 20 acres of industrial hemp.

never seen so many doves in all my life.
Good planning Jeff - give those birds the "munchies" and they just have to keep coming back for more food/execution! 🤣

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,882 Posts
Poor guy can't shoot any doves wouldn't expect to be able hit both feet. That's why I said foot.
Hey now, I've shot a plural of doves this year. 2 is plural, right? Plus a pigeon, that's gotta count for something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts