Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i use a .270 for my deer hunting. my problem would be the shooting up. i'm not sure my rig will give me a high enough angle. i'm gonna try one of my old shot guns on my rig to see if it will works. i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas before i got started.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
HawgHead, well I think you'd have to adapt what you use for deer hunting to shotgun hunting. I saw a Video a few years back with another Quad using a swinging arm made of steel but cannot remember the details or who made the Video. The arm was counterbalanced to make it easy for the shooter to swing the shotgun. Give us some more details on how you use a deer rifle.

Jack

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i use a narvaez sharpshooter gun rest. it might work, i haven't tried yet. my friend and i are gonna go out and see on his next week off. i was just wondering if there were any other quads in here that duck hunted. the less technical the better.

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by HawgHead

...are any of you guys duck hunters
I've only been once, and that was @ Heggemeier's Game Farm last year...

I'm going to give it a whirl, next season. Supposedly there's accessible blinds available, but I'm gonna need a guide (with dog) to go along too.

Keep us posted, as to your progress. I'd be honored to share a blind with ya'...

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Man I wish I could help ya, you may want to try asking at a shooter's complex or hunt club if you have one near by. Also may want to try the MDC Waterfowl Managed area's, alot of em have handicap access blinds and may have connection for you to look into as well.

Will suggest tho if you do get something figured out tho to get out as much as possible and practice shooting skeet and trap, and mix it up with different varience's (left to right, right to left, going away, coming in, rising and falling, ect. ect.)

Good luck and keep us posted :cheers:. If you get it figured out I would definately look into the MWT sponsored duck hunt up at Heggemeier's Game Farm. You in the right spot and couldn't ask for a better bunch of folks than you'll find here.

swmo

p.s. Welcome to MWT's :wave:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman

...are any of you guys duck hunters
I've only been once, and that was @ Heggemeier's Game Farm last year...

I'm going to give it a whirl, next season. Supposedly there's accessible blinds available, but I'm gonna need a guide (with dog) to go along too.

Keep us posted, as to your progress. I'd be honored to share a blind with ya'...
Rick you just say the word, I've got dog, dekes, professional callers (Pman & Wingman ;) :peepwall: ), and willing to travel.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
if you dont mind a one hand gun elevator, i woudl gladly be willing to be your gun elevator for u. I have never goten to go duck hunting yet but would love to do anythign i coudl if it will enabel you to go duck hunting. I live in Farmington not shure if we clsoe or not.

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by swmo

Rick you just say the word, I've got dog, dekes, professional callers (Pman & Wingman ;) :peepwall: ), and willing to travel.
Alright then! :dancin:

I need to do more research on the blinds, shoot some trap & once season rolls around again, I definitely want to go. And I couldn't think of a better bunch to go with... :banana:

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Chairman--Most of them folks down around SWMO's way are Duck Watchers---Not Duck Hunters!:cheers::cheers:

We would for sure have to figure out how to get SWMO to keep his speed down on them pre-dawn flights out of Forsyth!!!!!:rotfl:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Originally posted by Plasticman
Chairman--Most of them folks down around SWMO's way are Duck Watchers---Not Duck Hunters!:cheers::cheers:

We would for sure have to figure out how to get SWMO to keep his speed down on them pre-dawn flights out of Forsyth!!!!!:rotfl:
:hysterical:

The most eloquent words of wisdom ive heard in a while

:rotfl:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Longbow26
if you dont mind a one hand gun elevator, i woudl gladly be willing to be your gun elevator for u. I have never goten to go duck hunting yet but would love to do anythign i coudl if it will enabel you to go duck hunting. I live in Farmington not shure if we clsoe or not.
thanks for the offer longbow. i'm about an hour south of cape. i really hope figure out a rig so i can get back to to dove hunting also. i'd also like to do some quail/pheasant hunting.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by swmo
Man I wish I could help ya, you may want to try asking at a shooter's complex or hunt club if you have one near by. Also may want to try the MDC Waterfowl Managed area's, alot of em have handicap access blinds and may have connection for you to look into as well.

Will suggest tho if you do get something figured out tho to get out as much as possible and practice shooting skeet and trap, and mix it up with different varience's (left to right, right to left, going away, coming in, rising and falling, ect. ect.)

swmo

p.s. Welcome to MWT's :wave:
my friends have tried to get me to go to mingo for years so they could be assured a blind and not drive all that way just to have to turn around and come home. they have a place close now. thanks for the skeet idea.

·
Registered
118 Posts
In response to your original question, I would talk to the guys at http://www.nrahq.org/compete/disabled.asp
They will know. Another idea to keep in the back of your head was a fellow I talked to a while back that had a counterbalance set up on his gun so that it had no weight at all to swing. He used it on a local pheasant hunt for the disabled. A really neat outfit but he wasn't comfortable with me putting a picture on the adaptations part of my site because of liability and patent issues. Let me know if the idea intrigues you and I'll try to get you in touch with him.
Don

·
19,585 Posts

...my friends have tried to get me to go to mingo for years so they could be assured a blind and not drive all that way just to have to turn around and come home.
Yep, there are perks for those that take us disabled guys hunting.

(hint, hint...)

That reminds me of the time me & a few other guys decided to go to the racetrack, on a Friday night. It was gonna be packed, so I drove, since we'd be able to park up front... :D

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts

I'm a lil scared to duck hunt after seeing this....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

...my friends have tried to get me to go to mingo for years so they could be assured a blind and not drive all that way just to have to turn around and come home.
Yep, there are perks for those that take us disabled guys hunting.

(hint, hint...)

That reminds me of the time me & a few other guys decided to go to the racetrack, on a Friday night. It was gonna be packed, so I drove, since we'd be able to park up front... :D
i go to the races every friday april-october. i park at the entrance of turn 3 up on the hill.when it's cool i sit in the van, when it's nice i sit outside, when it' hot i sit in the van and run the ac and when it's cold i run the heat. i often have visitors when it's hot and cold.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm a duck hunter. Sorry, I can't help ya with a shooting rig, but if you have any other duck hunting related questions feel free to ask.

-- Al

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.