Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Are 2021 CRP rate to low

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DPx2 
#1 ·
USDA Extends General Signup for Conservation Reserve Program
The USDA is extending the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) General Signup period, which had previously been announced as ending on Feb. 12, 2021. USDA will continue to accept offers as it takes this opportunity for the incoming Administration to evaluate ways to increase enrollment. Under the previous Administration, incentives and rental payment rates were reduced resulting in an enrollment shortfall of over 4 million acres. The program, administered by USDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA), provides annual rental payments for 10 to 15 years for land devoted to conservation purposes, as well as other types of payments.

Before the General CRP Signup period ends, producers will have the opportunity to adjust or resubmit their offers to take advantage of planned improvements to the program.

This signup for CRP gives producers an opportunity to enroll land for the first time or re-enroll land under existing contracts that will be expiring Sept. 30, 2021. All interested producers, including those on Indian reservations and with trust lands, are encouraged to contact their local USDA Service Center for more information.

#6 ·
I dont think that the shortfall necessarily means that 4 million acres were turned back in to crops. I think that means they enrolled 4 million less acres than they had funding for. Of course that could be the same thing but I doubt it.

#7 ·
CRP isn't as lucrative as it once once. reduced payments to 85% of cash rents, no PIP, SIP, reduced Cost share (talking General Signup which is what the above is referring to)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.