Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this will interest anyone or not, but I went looking for a cheap target the other day and all I could find was a $40 target that you couldn't shoot broadheads at and the broadhead target was $55.
Well I usually shoot into a big styrofoam block, but its old and pretty shot and when it rains on it the arrows are really hard to pull out. I was just wanting a target head target so I did a search and found several on another site suggested a bag full of poly-fil like used in quilts, well yesterday I went to wal-mart and picked up a 10# box for $17, brought it home and transfered it from the box into a gunny sack, pulled the sack down good and tight around the ploy fil and tied it off, Well tonight I shot a few arrows and man this stuff works great, arrows only go in about 7"-8" and you can pull them with 2 fingers really easy. If the gunny sack doesn't fall apart it should last a long long time. I'll still have to use my styrofoam for the broadheads, but for now with target heads this is great.

Anyway, I throught I would share this incase anyone might be looking for a fairly cheap target.

V2

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
good idear

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I've been using a cardboard box stuffed with old clothes for years and it works great. Just cut off any zippers or buttones. Might have to replace the face of the box every now and then but it work fine and its free.

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,901 Posts
Good idea, I just made one myself. I used bulk grass seed bags stuffed with rags, old clothes, and plastic shopping bags...

Basically the same idea that you had.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Originally posted by Roscoe Dog
I've been using a cardboard box stuffed with old clothes for years and it works great. Just cut off any zippers or buttones. Might have to replace the face of the box every now and then but it work fine and its free.
There ya go.... my wife has a closet full of clothes I've never seen her wear.
Reckon that'd fly?? :peepwall:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Wally has a $27 block target that you can shoot field tips in 2 sides and broadheads in 2, I bought one last year and its still ticking!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.