Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to bows and archery equipment. I use a crossbow but my son has a new to him Matthews. We have have a new archery shop here and I took him and his bow there. It was a little stout for him and we had it adjusted a few pounds.

The owner was extremely nice and was anxious to help in anyway. We ended up getting a few things Bryan would need also. I explained that while Bryan had a bow before this one, he had not really done any serious shooting before.

This guy says no problem and takes Bryan to his range and he works with Bryan on his form and gets him on paper at 20 yds. Then Bryan started shooting and the manager made some adjustments after each couple of shots until Bryan was consistently hitting the center.

I was both surprised and impressed and very proud of Bryan. This guy also impressed me.

I thanked him and he kept saying no thanks needed just remember where I am. Anywho, this guy has a indoor range, a indoor 3D, and a Techno range which I never heard of. This thing is pretty cool. Bryan has shot at it twice now and again impressed us.

We are both anxious to get back so he can do some more shooting. He is practicing a lot and getting more consistent. :banana::banana:

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,222 Posts
So Keith, who is it???

Sounds like a shop one should frequent. If you took your own bow in there and he spent that much time with Bryan, he needs to be kept in business.:cheers:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Sounds like the guy at the archery shop is off to a good start at building some return customer business! That's what it's all about. Let's hope it stays that way.

Congrats on Bryan shooting good...keep at it!

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Good to see someone will take the necessary time with a new shooter, expecially one that didn't buy his equipment from him, to get him off on the right foot. Type of guy you want to go back and see.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I'm guessing it is the folks at MR Archery in Bolivar. If that is so, he is spot on, they are great folks. If it isn't, I'm guessing the folks that Keith is dealing with are great folks too!

Good to hear these kinds of stories. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
I'm guessing it is the folks at MR Archery in Bolivar. If that is so, he is spot on, they are great folks.
Good to hear these kinds of stories. :cheers:
You nailed it. That's the place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.