·
8,810 Posts
24801 Ridgeway Court
Boonville, MO 65233
(636)359-6385 or (660)888-1714

·
Registered
676 Posts
CL, the ad finder, flyers in pawn shops, co-ops, orschelns.
Offer something to get them in and when they find out they like it, you got a repeat customer. Offer freebies for referral customers; 10% off X.
Sponsor/host a charity shoot and get your name out via local media. With October being breast cancer awareness month, set up a competitive shoot with proceeds going to a cancer charity.
Help set up a archery club through local youth groups.
The community tips can help get you free advertising with local media.
Call the local paper and ask to speak with the community editor; ditto radio. Since you're in Boonville, try some columbia radio stations to get the word out. All of them have a community calendar. Same with the columbia tribune.

·
4,824 Posts
tough time of year to get people in and out of there stands, but looks awesome, i hope i can make it down a couple times, i would make it cheaper for kids, you may already do this but i mean there arrows dont do much damage and most people will bring there kids friends if its affordable, but you look like you got a good start, and i will get the word out for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions! We will look into trying some of them. I know it's a tough time of year, but we are hoping to get some people out before it gets too cold.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3D Shoots

We haven't really scheduled any group shoots yet. We are trying to form a weekly league and do a few of those things. As we get some things planned will let you know. We are open any time if you want to get a group and come out. We have score cards made and all the targets are set.

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Is it just a range, or is it a club? If you have a club with members paying dues you might fair better. You can then have club sponsored events and get involved with other groups. You may also consider leagues too to draw interest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Leagues

We are interested in possibly having a league. We are currently looking for a group that would be interested in committing to a night. If any of you are interested let me know. We have talked to several that are, and thought that might be a good way to get people out on a regular basis. Thanks for all your ideas!

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
Since you're just starting out, I'd suggest you get a relaxed league that doesn't require people to show up every week. With summer coming soon, people often don't want to commit to something like a league that penalizes you for not showing up. I'd suggest something where you can charge money each week to shoot, and pay out winners each week. If you can create flights, or handicap it in a way that everyone has a chance to win, that will help get people back too.

You'll find with this approach that you can start out with very few people, but if they all enjoy it, will tell others and grow your participation as the league goes on. If you require people to sign up at the beginning, the opposite will happen. You'll have few people to start and people will start dropping each week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts