Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Banned
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like they are going to redefine pistols that are allowed in alternative season and from what I read the AR is gonna get tossed out

·
Registered
128 Posts
I thought they were going to take input and decide in May . Hopefully everyone will stick together and demand the 4 gods of wildlife don't go against the gun owners of Mo. ___ our state legislators decided no Mo. gun laws could be stricter than federal law .Feds say. It's a pistol Mo. Legislators say it's a pistol so it's a pistol no matter what conservation says .

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,534 Posts
Boy I think I would be pizzed if I just dumped $1500 in a new 300 blackout or 6.5 Grendal ar-15 pistola.

But in all honesty, I don’t think they are any more deadly to deer than a modern scoped in-line.

·
Banned
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I have some money in my 300blkout and I really like it but only really built it for that season, I am confident with it out to a hundred and for a few stands I will take the smoke pole for longer range circumstances but loved the pistol for easier cleaning, ohh well I guess we will find out soon if they become illegal during that season

·
#Debbie
11,253 Posts
Is it really outlawing them? Most AR pistols are already less than a 16" barrel and less than 26" OAL. Seems like it will only hinder guys with barrels longer than 16.

·
6,561 Posts
Are you for no inlines or scoped guns during alternative season ? How about black powder substitutes ? Maybe outlaw pistols altogether . Don't forget evil compound bows .
I'm for either making it a 2nd rifle season, or taking it back to ML's only. This "alternative" deal is dumb.

·
Registered
18,608 Posts
I'm for either making it a 2nd rifle season, or taking it back to ML's only. This "alternative" deal is dumb.
Depends on your definition of a ML... flint, cap and ball... stick bows... I'm All in!

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Alternative season allows hunting with a pistol.

They are adding a definition of a handgun, which doesn't matter overall, as pistols are allowed during alternative season, so I don't see how defining a handgun can effect anything when allowed to hunt with a pistol. A quick look didn't show a definition of a pistol but I assume its in there somewhere. Am I wrong? they would have to change alternative to Handguns from pistols. Here is what I dug up quickly: "Centerfire pistols or revolvers using expanding-type bullets, such as lead or copper"

I think they should stick with the federal definitions so there is no question or double standard, and they better define how overall lengths are measured so there is no question to that as well. Yes, that comes up federally.

As yes, keeping it under 26" isn't a problem at all.

·
#Debbie
11,253 Posts
They're worried about someone with an AR but not worried about someone with a 9mm HiPoint?

I saw a chart where once it went from muzzleloader season to alternative that kills have trended downward? Is that true?

·
Registered
128 Posts
They're worried about someone with an AR but not worried about someone with a 9mm HiPoint?

I saw a chart where once it went from muzzleloader season to alternative that kills have trended downward? Is that true?
They moved season dates at the Same time . Ml season used to be at the end of the rut when bucks were back cruising .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is it really outlawing them? Most AR pistols are already less than a 16" barrel and less than 26" OAL. Seems like it will only hinder guys with barrels longer than 16.
That is not the definition of a pistol Federal or mo state . A pistol can not be leagally be concealed if over 26" but it's still a pistol . My point is if they want to say only pistols with certain length barrels or oal are allowed for hunting fine but they should not pretend they can designate what the definition of a pistol is .

·
#Debbie
11,253 Posts
That is not the definition of a pistol Federal or mo state . A pistol can not be leagally be concealed if over 26" but it's still a pistol . My point is if they want to say only pistols with certain length barrels or oal are allowed for hunting fine but they should not pretend they can designate what the definition of a pistol is .
I never said that is the definition, but going by their wording it won't outlaw many AR pistols out there right now. You can have a 100" barrel on a pistol if a guy wants. MDC trying to make up their own definition of a pistol is comical at best, which we agree on.

Reactions: reitzs
1 - 20 of 270 Posts