Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To piggy back off 20'. I had an old cheap red dot on my pistol but couldn't get it to hit the target. What kind of good economical scope would work for me? I plan on hunting alternative with it. Furthest shot would be about 100 yards.
Wood Trigger Urban design Engineering Font

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,494 Posts
Midway has the Vortex Vanquish 3x9x40 on sale for $100 free shipping.

I have not shot it, but I have yet to meet a Vortex product I did not appreciate for the money.

·
just a no body
14,978 Posts
a quandary that I went through just few months ago for my PSA. I had a Romeo 5 at first. it was ok but it was too small..I had a IIRC Vortex "Scout Scope" but the eye relief was too much so I sold it to Jawesome. It is all about the eye relief!

What I ended up doing was putting this mount sitting backwards (towards you) but the base all the way to the point the receiver meets the barrel, then I put a Redfield 2x7x32. It works for me.

Monstrum Slim Profile Series Offset Cantilever Picatinny Scope Mount | 1 inch Diameter..bout $29 on Amazon

now I will tell you that afterword my "pistol" was not as accurate at distance has hoped. The target acquisition/identification went way up which is important to me

·
1,229 Posts
I’ve got a Vortex strike eagle 1-6x and really like it. Swapped from an EO Tech. I like having ability to zoom a bit when hunting and when it’s dialed back to 1x and illuminated it’s pretty similar to a red dot. Palmetto State puts them on sale with a mount pretty frequently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts