Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting an AR after Christmas and was wanting to look at different optics ideas. My rifle in mind is a Bushmaster M4 and any ideas you could give me would help out. Try to include a pic or a link and extras like price, store, etc. would also help me out. Thanks!
:cheers: :banana-man-yeah:

·
Registered
32,435 Posts
I am looking into one of these fro my AR.

NCStar Mark III 3x9x42 Sniper

■Open Target Turrets
■Fully Multi Coated Lenses
■Built in sunshade
■Quick focus eyepiece
■Bullet drop compensator calibrated for the .223 cartridge with a 55 grain bullet
■Reticles illuminate in Red or Green with multiple brightness setting
■Integrated Quick Release weaver style/ picatinny mounting system

•MAGNIFICATION:3X-9X
•TUBE DIA. N/A
•OBJECTIVE DIA. (MM) 42.00
•FOV (FEET AT 100 YARDS) 36.8-12.0
•EYE RELIEF (in) 2.0
•EXIT PUPIL(MM) 9.3-3.1
•RETICLE: P4 SNIPER
•N.W(OZ.) 16.7
•LENGTH (in) 7.54
•CLICK VALUE : 1/2 M.O.A.
•EXTERIOR FINISH: MATTE BLACK
•LENS COATING: GREEN
•MOUNT:INTEGRATED (WEAVER STYLE QUICK RELEASE)

[file]82547[/file]

Here is the link to it on Midway USA's Sight

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=793767

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by Reflex]

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,947 Posts
All kinds of stuff out there...

It all depends on what you wanna spend, and what type of sighting system you want.

I am planning to use my AR mostly for shooting Vermin, not home defense, or playing at the range....

I have a Leupold MK-AR 3x9x40 scope mounted with a Burris Proper Eye Relief mount.

[file]82548[/file]

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by callaojoe]

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
First off, what do you think you'll be using it for??

Hunting? I'd go with a regular rifle scope. I put a 3-9x40 Nikon ProStaff on mine, over a QD LaRue mount. Made quite the shooter out of my Stag. Used this scope because it was laying around gathering dust.:wave:

Home Protection? ACOG, EOTech, and other "red dot" type sights are probably better.

Soon as I can rathole enuff cash, mine will be sporting an ACOG!!!.:wave:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Nice rig, CJ:cheers::wave:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,947 Posts
I also bought one of these for fun....

It's a bushnell red/green dot with no magnification....

[file]82550[/file]

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,947 Posts
[rquote=1498457&tid=104563&author=FiremanBrad]Nice rig, CJ:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

Yep, I need to go spend smore quality time with it now that most of my deer chasin is coming to an end. Got some yotes & bobbies that I'd like to introduce her to.....:D

·
Under appreciated
89,819 Posts
I bought the Burris AR332 and its dandy.

In my avatar to the left.

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
I would beware of the NCstar scopes. There is threads on AR15.com dedicated to how junky they are.

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
[rquote=1498469&tid=104563&author=rat]I bought the Burris AR332 and its dandy.

In my avatar to the left.[/rquote]

How is the reticle? I heard people were getting them with slightly canted reticles?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
[rquote=1498460&tid=104563&author=buckwacker181]Eotech XPS

http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=28&cat=2[/rquote]

:claphands: I shot my buddy's and we were zippin' in rounds at 50 and 100 yards. :claphands: Its a lot of fun to shoot, but too expensive for my blood. :cheers:

Parker

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there anything out there that would fit a dual purpose? What I mean is I would like to shoot wild doggies with it, but then again I like the coolness and small package of some of the fancier lighted scopes. Know what I mean? Or am just talking crazy?

Reflex....what does that thing cost?

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by hun10]

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
I can't zoom in enough to read what types of scopes they are, but should give you an idea of what you can do with an M4:D

[file]82556[/file]

·
Under appreciated
89,819 Posts
[rquote=1498494&tid=104563&author=hun10]Is there anything out there that would fit a dual purpose? What I mean is I would like to shoot wild doggies with it, but then again I like the coolness and small package of some of the fancier lighted scopes. Know what I mean? Or am just talking crazy?[/rquote]

Hunt10... the eotechs and similar are for FAST target acquisition.

I struggled with this decision myself because I wanted the small package BUT I also wanted some magnification.

The AR332 scope that I bought gives you a bit of each. Go checkem out... the reticle is VERY user friendly also and has some BDC capabilies as well.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/ar332.html

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
[rquote=1498494&tid=104563&author=hun10]Is there anything out there that would fit a dual purpose? What I mean is I would like to shoot wild doggies with it, but then again I like the coolness and small package of some of the fancier lighted scopes. Know what I mean? Or am just talking crazy?

Reflex....what does that thing cost?

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by hun10][/rquote]

Most any Eotechs or Aimpoints can be used with a 3x magnifier. It's as expensive package, but it's one you'll only have to buy once in your lifetime. Buy cheap, buy twice, maybe three times when it comes to a good optic IMO.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Definitely faster target acquisition with the reddots!! I need to come check yours out sometime, Rat!!! What's an average price on that burris?

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
[rquote=1498521&tid=104563&author=FiremanBrad]Definitely faster target acquisition with the reddots!! I need to come check yours out sometime, Rat!!! What's an average price on that burris?[/rquote]

Cheapest I have found is 289$

1 - 20 of 95 Posts