Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at this rifle as my first AR. Its a Bushmaster M4. My question is....does the carry handle/rear sight dismount or is it permanent? Should I buy a different model if I wanna add a scope? Do I need a rail or is it on the rifle? Sorry for more than one question.

[file]82775[/file]

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
The so called cary handle is your scope rail. Some models of ar's have removable rails. They will have 2 really big gnobes where the rail meets the top of the receiver.

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[rquote=1500179&tid=104678&author=Longbow26] The so called cary handle is your scope rail. Some models of ar's have removable rails. They will have 2 really big gnobes where the rail meets the top of the receiver.[/rquote]

So basically I should just look for the two knobs? Is it really that easy? I would like to shoot with factory sights as well as scope.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Yeop that easy. I almost baught one with removable rail. An extra rail would of cost me 150.00 at the time.

Nice thing wiht teh removable rail is it only goes back on one way. So you can install scope sight it in and remove it and put it back on and you still on. Same with the one that you use reg sight.

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1500184&tid=104678&author=Longbow26] Yeop that easy. I almost baught one with removable rail. An extra rail would of cost me 150.00 at the time.

Nice thing wiht teh removable rail is it only goes back on one way. So you can install scope sight it in and remove it and put it back on and you still on. Same with the one that you use reg sight. [/rquote]

Saweeet!:woot::woot::woot::woot:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Or, find the "flat top" model, without the carry handle, and use the Flip Up Iron Sight, when you don't use a scope/red dot!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
[rquote=1500480&tid=104678&author=FiremanBrad]Or, find the "flat top" model, without the carry handle, and use the Flip Up Iron Sight, when you don't use a scope/red dot!!!:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

this

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Here's a pic....Flattop Stag, Flip up rear sight, under a LaRue detachable mount with Nikon scope up top. I've shot the BUIS's a little, before buying the LaRue mount. Pretty fun at closer ranges, couldn't hit squat farther out. Once I put on the scope, I've never taken it off, but can if the scope fails and I'm getting over run by ZOMBIES!!!!!!

[file]82848[/file]

Without scope...

[file]82850[/file]

Closeup of LaRue QD mount.

[file]82852[/file]

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
And no, you CAN'T see that front iron in the scope....It's inside the focus "length" of that scope.....!!!!:wave:

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
You can however run BOTH scope and fixed sights, however I would spend the extra 3-5 bills to get an eo.

Or you can just run the M4 with the A1 and use a modifed handle rail, and still use scope and fixed sights, again at the same time, without having to remove the scope in event of scope failure/close shots.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,973 Posts
Flat top is the way to go IMHO......:D

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
I was just thinking he wanted the model he picked due to economics, so there options to an A1. Co-witness is a thought as well.

[file]82855[/file] [file]82856[/file]

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im open to all ideas at this point. Im still in the research phase of things. I am buying the week after Christmas Day/New Year's Day. I have em priced out at my local fun store, Im gonna call the fun store in Marshall that is going out of biz, and there is a gun show on New Year's Day at Boone County Fair Grounds. I hope I can find a good deal with all those options.:cheers:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[rquote=1500738&tid=104678&author=BukWild]Hun10, dunno for sure where you are located, but I got a DPMS Sportical for $679 local, I am 63010, it is flat top.[/rquote]

Sweetness! The wife said I could buy early if I could find a good deal. Could you send a pic of it with specs to me personal email?????

U2U at ya!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
[rquote=1500747&tid=104678&author=hun10][rquote=1500738&tid=104678&author=BukWild]Hun10, dunno for sure where you are located, but I got a DPMS Sportical for $679 local, I am 63010, it is flat top.[/rquote]

Sweetness! The wife said I could buy early if I could find a good deal. Could you send a pic of it with specs to me personal email?????

[/rquote]

Hun10, didn't mean to get your hopes up, mine is not for sale, just bought it 1.5 months ago, been wanting one for as long as I can remember, again I apologize

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[rquote=1500752&tid=104678&author=BukWild][rquote=1500747&tid=104678&author=hun10][rquote=1500738&tid=104678&author=BukWild]Hun10, dunno for sure where you are located, but I got a DPMS Sportical for $679 local, I am 63010, it is flat top.[/rquote]

[/rquote]

Hun10, didn't mean to get your hopes up, mine is not for sale, just bought it 1.5 months ago, been wanting one for as long as I can remember, again I apologize[/rquote]

No problem. I got lots of time. Where is Arnold from Columbia?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
[rquote=1500753&tid=104678&author=hun10][rquote=1500752&tid=104678&author=BukWild][rquote=1500747&tid=104678&author=hun10][rquote=1500738&tid=104678&author=BukWild]Hun10, dunno for sure where you are located, but I got a DPMS Sportical for $679 local, I am 63010, it is flat top.[/rquote]

[/rquote]

Hun10, didn't mean to get your hopes up, mine is not for sale, just bought it 1.5 months ago, been wanting one for as long as I can remember, again I apologize[/rquote]

No problem. I got lots of time. Where is Arnold from Columbia?[/rquote]

About 20 mi south of STL

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That might be a little out of my range. I will keep it in mind though if I can't find a deal around here. I appreciate the info!:claphands::cheers:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,973 Posts
H10.

Check out these guys....

JSE Surplus

You can get a fully assembled lower, and put on an upper you like....

You can get an AR for about $600 if you want.

I bought a fully assembled CMMG lower, then picked up an upper from these guys.... The only part you need FFL for it the lower.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts