Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AR15 / M16 A3 Upper half with 16" inch Dissipator Heavy barrel and A3 Upper receiver. This 5.56mm cal barrel is 16" long, threaded the standard 1/2 x 28 tpi, and has an A2 flash hider with the correct crush washer. The barrel has a forged A2 front sight base with bayonet lug, not the cheaper cast front sight base which can break. It sports rifle length hand-guard with full heat shields and a full length sight radius for the best accuracy in a carbine length rifle. A special gas block is fitted under the hand-guard for reliable function in full or semi auto. The barrel is machined from chrome-moly, and hardened to a U.S. government Mil-spec of Rc 26-32. The barrel and all external steel parts are manganese phosphate finished IAW 5.3.1.2 of Mil-STD-171, the U. S. Government's recommended protective finish for steel. This finish not only looks great, it affords complete corrosion protection. These barrels are of Dissipator contour (similar to M4) which alleviates barrel whip and enhances accuracy in semi auto fire and helps dissipate the heat of full auto fire. The barrel is button rifled with 6 grooves, right hand, 1/9" twist. The 1/9 twist is best because it handles the widest variety of ammunition and bullet weights. The barrel is mounted on a FORGED A3 upper receiver with built in Mil-spec M1913 Picatinny accessory rail, made from certified 7075T6.511 alloy forgings, hard coat anodized IAW Mil Spec A8625, Type III, Class II, black per No. 37038, Table IX with nickel acetate seal, as per the Mil-spec. The upper features a forward assist and hinged ejection port cover.

[Edited on 12-14-2009 by BOWYER2002]

[file]84353[/file]

[file]84352[/file]

·
19,117 Posts
id like to view the photos, but i don't have microsoft office???

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic, but your writeup on the specs mentions full auto...Is it???:wave:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOT FULL AUTO - sorry for the confusion
yankee - PM me with an e-mail addy and I could send the pics to you.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1509741&tid=105306&author=BOWYER2002]NOT FULL AUTO - sorry for the confusion
yankee - PM me with an e-mail addy and I could send the pics to you.[/rquote]

Didn't think it was, at that price...lol. Just didn't want a buyer to be misled!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help MellerAM!

Yeah, for full auto you'd need to get a class III license and add another zero to the price. :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chairman -
original owner is my brother - I posted it up for him
yes it was built, in that he bought the lower and then ordered the upper.
this was built about 2 months ago
brand new, never fired

·
Registered
32,769 Posts

·
Registered
32,769 Posts
[rquote=1512936&tid=105306&author=Viper Sniper][rquote=1512935&tid=105306&author=Reflex][rquote=1512933&tid=105306&author=Viper Sniper]You can modify a semi auto into a full though.

http://www.savvysurvivor.com/full_auto_and_autoburst_modifica.htm

=*=ViperSniper=*=[/rquote]

But don't get cauhgt with it. :eek:[/rquote]

I thought there are legal ways to do it.?

[/rquote]

There is , but you are going to pay some $$$$$$ to do it. Borrowed this from another site.

Here's my understanding (to those who know more, feel free to correct me):

Step 1-You must find a dealer with a Class III FFL as they're the only ones who may deal in NFA weapons (machine guns, silencers, etc.) and select a weapon that was registered in the NFA registry before 1986 (this only applies for full-auto, silencers and AOW can be brand new)

Step 2-You must make your application to both the federal gov't and your local chief law enforcement officer, both must approve.

Step 3-Pay the $200 tax stamp

Step 4-Take posession of your weapon.

The largest impediment is that the NFA registry was closed to full-auto in 1986, therefore only LEOs or Class III FFL's may legally posess a post-86 full auto. Because of this, the price of pre-86 full-autos is very high (typically $10K and up).

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Just talking about converting a semi-auto to full-auto is not a good thing. If you'll notice this thread has 345 views and only 15 replies.:eek:

The ATF probably has a internet wide flag for the words full auto.:thinking: I think it is something like a $10,000 fine and 20 years in prison for doing such a deed. Full autos that were built that way are okay but cost a bundle. The ATF stamp is the cheap part.

[Edited on 12-16-2009 by JackJr]

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
[rquote=1512943&tid=105306&author=Reflex][rquote=1512936&tid=105306&author=Viper Sniper][rquote=1512935&tid=105306&author=Reflex][rquote=1512933&tid=105306&author=Viper Sniper]You can modify a semi auto into a full though.

http://www.savvysurvivor.com/full_auto_and_autoburst_modifica.htm

=*=ViperSniper=*=[/rquote]

But don't get cauhgt with it. :eek:[/rquote]

I thought there are legal ways to do it.?

[/rquote]

There is , but you are going to pay some $$$$$$ to do it. Borrowed this from another site.

Here's my understanding (to those who know more, feel free to correct me):

Step 1-You must find a dealer with a Class III FFL as they're the only ones who may deal in NFA weapons (machine guns, silencers, etc.) and select a weapon that was registered in the NFA registry before 1986 (this only applies for full-auto, silencers and AOW can be brand new)

Step 2-You must make your application to both the federal gov't and your local chief law enforcement officer, both must approve.

Step 3-Pay the $200 tax stamp

Step 4-Take posession of your weapon.

The largest impediment is that the NFA registry was closed to full-auto in 1986, therefore only LEOs or Class III FFL's may legally posess a post-86 full auto. Because of this, the price of pre-86 full-autos is very high (typically $10K and up).
[/rquote]

Ok thanks reflex. Here is more info on getting a Class III license - http://semiautorifles.com/forums/f13/class-iii-124.html

And is bumpfire legal in Missouri?

[file]84823[/file]=*=ViperSniper=*=[file]84824[/file]

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
[rquote=1512964&tid=105306&author=JackJr]Just talking about converting a semi-auto to full-auto is not a good thing. If you'll notice this thread has 345 views and only 15 replies.:eek:

The ATF probably has a internet wide flag for the words full auto.:thinking: I think it is something like a $10,000 fine and 20 years in prison for doing such a deed. Full autos that were built that way are okay but cost a bundle. The ATF stamp is the cheap part.

[Edited on 12-16-2009 by JackJr][/rquote]

Yea thanks. I wasnt gonna do it but people around here talk about it. Definitely not worth trying to do just buy the full auto.

But I dunno why someone would really need a full auto.:shrug:

[file]84825[/file]=*=ViperSniper=*=[file]84826[/file]

[Edited on 12-16-2009 by Viper Sniper]

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,024 Posts
I dunno.... Mine eats ammo fast enough as a semi......:thinking: Can't even begin to think How much a person would go through with a full......:shrug: OUch!:rof2:

·
Registered
32,769 Posts
[rquote=1512982&tid=105306&author=callaojoe]I dunno.... Mine eats ammo fast enough as a semi......:thinking: Can't even begin to think How much a person would go through with a full......:shrug: OUch!:rof2:[/rquote]

Ask Beltfed, I think he owns a bunch of full autos.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.