Anyones kid had ear tubes put in(Update)

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Big L, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Just curious how many have had this done.My girl has had constant ear infections pretty much since birth.She constantly digs and pulls on em and you can tell the lil princess is in pain/uncomfortable.Wonderin if the kids continue to dig in their ears after its done.She is in daycare and we thought that is where most of her sickness has come from but the doc says the ears may be the culprit.

2. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    My brother had them and once they put them I'n it was a world of difference! Just had to be careful I'n shower and swimmingonce they fell out he was fine

3. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    yep, best thing we ever did for our little man. fevers went away, stuffy nose stopped and no more problems sleeping. had them in for over a year before they fell out and no more problems. just got to watch them around water.

4. DAWG

DAWG New Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Marionville
    all 3 of mine did...it's the right thing to do...ear infections were dramatically decreased

5. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    My oldest did, not a big deal, and it stopped the ear infections.

They eventually just fall out. We actually found one of them in his bed....:shrug:

6. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Both of our kids had it done. My daughter was the same way. It was a monthly visit to the doctor and of course the more expensive medicine.

7. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    My oldest had them and they cured what ailed him. A little scary when they were taking him back and putting him under but our anxiety seemed to be the worst part of the process.

8. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    I had them as a kid, they worked for me apparently, I was too young to remember, all I remember from it was getting to go to wal mart to get a he-man figure for being tough! Can't believe I can remember that.

9. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
    2 of mine had them. Best thing we ever did.

10. Neil

Neil New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Lee's Summit
    There are downsides to the tubes. They can be great for alot of kids, and really cut down on the ear infections. But sometimes they don't fall out on their own, and sometimes the hole does not heal on its own. My son had to have a small surgery earlier this year to pull one of his out, and in 3 weeks he has to have a much bigger surgery to repair the holes.

I would still do it, the chances of problems are really small, but their can be problems.

11. Arrow Flinger

Arrow Flinger New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Kearney
    My youngest girl had them. Before she did it was horrible. She had 5 ear infections withing the first 9 months she was born. Once the tubes were put in(5 minute procedure) and after 3 follow ups of the doc sucking junk out of her ears she was sleeping fine and no more ear infections. You will be surprised at how much differnce this makes if you choose this route.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Matt had them, before the tubes it was non stop ear infections, afterwords not a single infection. Just had to be careful in the swimming pool.

13. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Got her scheduled for next Thursday,nervous about it but looking forward to it.She is such a good girl and we would be so relieved to see her get well and get a good nights sleep,we all need it.Thanks for the input everyone

14. Hunter79

Hunter79 Active Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    [rquote=1867333&tid=129989&author=Big L]Got her scheduled for next Thursday,nervous about it but looking forward to it.She is such a good girl and we would be so relieved to see her get well and get a good nights sleep,we all need it.Thanks for the input everyone[/rquote]

I actually had a similar post on here a few years ago. http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=60396#pid824658
    My daughter had them and I was apprehensive as heck. She had them and like stated above, the worst thing was our apprehensiveness. She did great and no more sickness or ear infections. Now if we could just figure out what she has an allergy to we will be in the clear.

But as for the tubes, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Sure seemed to help my little one. :cheers:

15. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    My granddaughter had them about age 3. She is 5 now and no more problems. They fell out on their own.

16. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    [rquote=1867401&tid=129989&author=Hunter79][rquote=1867333&tid=129989&author=Big L]Got her scheduled for next Thursday,nervous about it but looking forward to it.She is such a good girl and we would be so relieved to see her get well and get a good nights sleep,we all need it.Thanks for the input everyone[/rquote]

I actually had a similar post on here a few years ago. http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=60396#pid824658
    My daughter had them and I was apprehensive as heck. She had them and like stated above, the worst thing was our apprehensiveness. She did great and no more sickness or ear infections. Now if we could just figure out what she has an allergy to we will be in the clear.

But as for the tubes, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Sure seemed to help my little one. :cheers:[/rquote]

Read your post 79,feelin better about it the more I read.

17. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    2 of my 3 did. The youngest got them at 8 months and kept them until we surgically removed them at 6 yrs of age. She didn't like the anesthesia, but she survived.

18. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    [rquote=1867261&tid=129989&author=Neil]There are downsides to the tubes. They can be great for alot of kids, and really cut down on the ear infections. But sometimes they don't fall out on their own, and sometimes the hole does not heal on its own. My son had to have a small surgery earlier this year to pull one of his out, and in 3 weeks he has to have a much bigger surgery to repair the holes.

I would still do it, the chances of problems are really small, but their can be problems.[/rquote]

This is the first time I've heard of someone having this kind of problem with tubes. Usually it is we got them, they got better, best thing we ever did, etc. I'm glad you posted up about it. It's good to know the adverse possibilities as well. Thanks.

19. Neil

Neil New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Lee's Summit
    [rquote=1867522&tid=129989&author=ad870][rquote=1867261&tid=129989&author=Neil]There are downsides to the tubes. They can be great for alot of kids, and really cut down on the ear infections. But sometimes they don't fall out on their own, and sometimes the hole does not heal on its own. My son had to have a small surgery earlier this year to pull one of his out, and in 3 weeks he has to have a much bigger surgery to repair the holes.

I would still do it, the chances of problems are really small, but their can be problems.[/rquote]

This is the first time I've heard of someone having this kind of problem with tubes. Usually it is we got them, they got better, best thing we ever did, etc. I'm glad you posted up about it. It's good to know the adverse possibilities as well. Thanks.[/rquote]

My daughter had them and she had no issues at all.

My son has had ear problems since he was born, even if I had known he would have these problems, I still would have had them put in. He had a ton of ear infections, and had some hearing loss due to fluid built up behind the ear drum before the tubes were put in to drain it out.

20. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

I've had them put in twice (when I was 2 and 7 years old) and my sister had them once. I also have a friend with a 2 year old that has them. The ear issues pretty much stopped instantly for myself and everyone else I know that has had them. I hope that is the case in your situation as well.