Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my dad talked into putting his half of our Iowa ground up for sale this winter so I'll be selling mine as well. However, I'm still planning on applying for a 1st season Iowa shotgun tag.

My Iowa buddy will be hunting the early muzz season and can't get a 1st season tag and my dad will be on travel for work, so I'm just throwing out the offer to see if anyone wants to go, as it's easier for two guys to drag a deer than one.

It'll be on public ground (that does not ever get hunted, and that borders our old property), first week of Dec. and we'll be staying in a cheap hotel. This unit is pretty secure for drawing a gun tag, but apps have to be in by June. If you're interested let me know.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
yeah for rabbit hunting.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
What is the total cost for non resident? I see the license fee but what are all the ther fees they have listed and would I have to pay those too?

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
[rquote=1541302&tid=107374&author=Joeyman]yeah for rabbit hunting.[/rquote]

:blah::blah::blah::blah::bored::bored:

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd love to go rabbit hunting up there and have tons of spots to go, but by the time deer season is over I'm usually to broke for a couple of months to afford to many out of state hunts.

AN- I believe total comes to around $600 bucks. That's why I posted this early to see if anyone wants to start saving. Can't promise you anything but I'd lay a steak dinner on it that you'd see a 150 or better which to me makes it worth the money.

Been a long time since I shotgun hunted IA but I miss it and I won't be able to draw an archery tag next year so I thought I'd give it a go this year.

Roscoe-hit you back with a U2U.

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
20, I'm not going to turn anyone away as I made the offer so the location would depend on who was interested and how many draw a tag. My whole fam. except the rents live in Marion county which is unit 5 and I know that public like the back of my hand...mainly old strip pits and rough country so for several guys that's where I'd go. If I only had one or two guys interested I'd recommend the public that borders our ground(soon to not be our's anymore) around Guthrie county.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Count me in. It is only 7 1/2 hours :eek::eek: hours to the town you told me. I love hunting new places. We'll chat more as it gets closer. :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
[rquote=1541412&tid=107374&author=bowhuntKS]Jim...it aint that far. I've been making that drive a lot of years. I'll keep you posted as it gets closer to May.[/rquote]

I am gonna have to put new tires on the Jeep before I leave and when I get back :rof2::rof2::rof2:. What all is involved in bringing a deer back to MO iffin I get one?

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not much...as long as the deer is registered and tagged you're o.k. Plus if you get somthing you want to put on a wall I have an IA taxidermist that I've taken several bucks to as well.

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For archery there isn't since they only allow 35% of their non-res tags for archery. For shotgun, there are several that I was keeping an eye on after the draw and there were anywhere from 10 to 30 any sex tags depending on the unit. There were however some like for unit 5 that required at least one pref. point.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
You guys got me all confused with this draw crap. I love MO hunting, very easy to follow when you're hammered. :rof2:

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dforbis- I without knowing what zone you hunt I'd be hard pressed to say. You are correct though and there are some parts of the state that you won't draw the first year. In any part of the state there are no guarantees, I just know in my unit there are always anysex gun tags left over after the draw..hope that stays this way for next year.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
[rquote=1541548&tid=107374&author=bowhuntKS]Dforbis- I without knowing what zone you hunt I'd be hard pressed to say. You are correct though and there are some parts of the state that you won't draw the first year. In any part of the state there are no guarantees, I just know in my unit there are always anysex gun tags left over after the draw..hope that stays this way for next year.[/rquote]

No crap, I want one of 'em. Then I can drive 8 hours north and shoot a big ole $600 doe :rof2::rof2::rof2:. My wife is gonna hate me after next deer season if don't already.:scared:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.