Anyone turkey hunt in texas county?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Chad, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Me and some other guys are talking about heading over that way this year and just wanting to see if any of you guys hunted any public land over that way.

chad

2. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    nope
    but i might hunt in phelps co. this year.

3. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    I'll be hunting in MTNF in Texas county this year for the first time. I dont have a clue what to expect. I've been told that where I connect to the forrest, there is A LOT of hunting pressure. There is a campground just down the road that brings a lot of hunters in who stay either at their campground or in their cabins. I think that is probably where most of the hunting pressure is coming from. We have 2 cabins that we are going to be renovating. Dont know how far along they will be by turkey season but U2U me if you would be interested. We might be able to put a roof over your head!

4. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I just got back from looking at a property in Texas co. for turkey. It is a new property in my hunting club (Hooks & Triggers) and it looked really good. I saw 10 longbeards and 3 deer. I used to hunt MTNF in Wright and Texas Co. about 10 years ago and that is one of the reasons I am now in a club. I got really frustrated with other hunters. If it is easy to get to, you need to expect company. I killed birds but had to work for them.

5. I shot you a u2u bowpredator.
    and landlover i figured about as much but i would rather be somewere with a lot of birds and alot of people than to be here with alot of people and not an abundance of birds.
    Thanks guys and keep it coming any info would be apriceated.

chad