Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of the shed hunter type of bucket deals that knocks the antlers off when they lean in to take a bite. Or at least loosens them. I have seen some home made ones too.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I have made shed traps before....never found a shed remotely close to one.

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
yep i have a buddy that has taken bungy cords between trees like a spider web with corn in the mix. Also he has taken a 5 gallon bucket nailed it to a tree, but only filled it 1/4 of the way. He has had pretty good luck really. Right next to them, and within a 50 yrd circle. good luck just make sure they are safe so a deer can't get stuck in them

·
Grrrrrrr
29,888 Posts
I tried it last year....no luck.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I've tried all of the above except the bucket on a tree and I've never had an antler.

·
King of Callaway
42,638 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
I've tried all of the above except the bucket on a tree and I've never had an antler.
You need to get something besides does to come in :roll2:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
:hysterical:

I've set trail cams over them and have all kinds of deer feeding at the trap but never have any drop. I've had them out from mid Jan. to mid March and nothing.

·
11,357 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
:hysterical:

I've set trail cams over them and have all kinds of deer feeding at the trap but never have any drop. I've had them out from mid Jan. to mid March and nothing.
Same results for me

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
do have idea for them bucket traps i may try this year useing a piece of plastic glass on top the corn make it hard for anything to still the corn had one guy told me spray buck scent on the bucket he said might help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts