Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· QDMA Deer Steward
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the idea, but the price just seems too ridiculous to me. $40 for a box of 5 and $8 per shot! That’s more than the cost of a 50 BMG round. Just wondering if anyone is shooting them.

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
Seen 5 killed with them this year, great for kids and sittin in dekes, just a modified choke and at 30 yards you have a forgiving deadly pattern.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I shoot high priced turkey boolets , but not that high priced.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I went to heavy shot shells because of the high winds I have hunted in , in Kansas and nebraska a few times. I did buy longbeards for hunting in calmer conditions this year. Buying my heavy shot loads on clearance is getting harder to do so I'm being stingier with them .

· Registered
42,104 Posts
I really like the idea, but the price just seems too ridiculous to me. $40 for a box of 5 and $8 per shot! That's more than the cost of a 50 BMG round. Just wondering if anyone is shooting them.
Yes I have shot 7 in the last 2 years with them, have seen 20 total shot with it, all under 30 yards, no not all in Missouri. They hit crazy hard. No they are not "needed" but neither is camo and decoys and blinds and yadda yadda yadda.

· Deplorable member
10,718 Posts
I shoot em. Best time to buy them is after turkey season. I have also used tss shot to load my own and also use it in my muzzle loader. Flies straight. Hits hard.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
There are four TSS 20 gauge shells lying on a farm somewhere in Lawrence County...probably right beside a custom made wingbone turkey call.
You just started a modern day gold Rush.

Reactions: Hooks

· QDMA Deer Steward
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I actually found the Federal 3rd Degree shells shoot amazing in my gun. They are a blend of 5, 6, and TSS 7s. They are only $14 for a box of 5. I can deal with that better than $40. I’m still waiting to try the Longbeard XRs though. Seems I need to stock up after season because they are gone everywhere I have tried so far this year.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
So far this week I'm only loading and unloading them................be nice to actually shoot one again! :D :banghead:
You can shoot them next week. Enjoy the hunting. I've been lounging at the crap shack and enjoying the heck out of it.

Reactions: CuivreDog2

· Jenny's Lackey
47,885 Posts
For the patterns that the Longbeard XR's give you, I just can't see spending that kind of $$$ for the tungsten hevi weight stuff. The Longbeards are ridiculous enough out of our guns and plenty for birds out to 40 yards.
Jenny shot her bird at 40 yds with LB #5's Absolutely jelly headed him at that range.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.