Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved one of these for Christmas for my atv. It seems really usefull, however, it is designed for a 2inch reciever. And my atv has 1.5inch reciever(whatever the common smaller one is). I know I could buy an adapter, but it will extend it out even farther and really decrease load ability. Assided from cutting/welding/fabricating it to work. Has anyone seen one like this in the smaller hitch size?

Click Here

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
got that same problem i bought the adapter and if a person just stands on it, the front wheels are pretty much useless.haven't seen anything to help this problem:confused:

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Scott_288
got that same problem i bought the adapter and if a person just stands on it, the front wheels are pretty much useless.haven't seen anything to help this problem:confused:
I could always cut and reweld it to work for the smaller size, but I would rather just take it back and buy one that works out of the box....

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Originally posted by tjmstng68
Originally posted by Scott_288
I could always cut and reweld it to work for the smaller size, but I would rather just take it back and buy one that works out of the box....
Yup, yup!

Also, I think it is 1" 7/8"

·
Registered
69,522 Posts
quote " just take it back and buy one that works "

You said it.....

I doubt that you are satisfied with either one tho.....JMO

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I have seen a sleeve that slides in to the 2" reciever to make it smaller. I THINK it was at Tractor supply.

·
tutoring the most interesting man in the world
2,717 Posts
There is an outfit on ebay that sells a unit that replaces the one hole hitch on the atv and makes it into a 2" receiver hitch. I have a 2002 polaris and it bolts right on...

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2008 polaris, and it comes standard with the smaller style hitch(I think it is 1.5 inch or 1.75) like is often installed on cars or smaller SUVs for hauling small trailers or bike racks.
I may just pocket the cash(buy more dekes or something), but I still think it would be useful if I could find one that fit.

·
Under appreciated
88,095 Posts
How big is your bike?
Like scotty said, you can get backheavy in a hurry on a 4wheeler.

·
Under appreciated
88,095 Posts
Tj... I know my 400 is a bit light for anything heavy on the back.
You might consider a small trailer or cart really... it'll handle lots more load, albeit less maneuverable.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by rat
Tj... I know my 400 is a bit light for anything heavy on the back.
You might consider a small trailer or cart really... it'll handle lots more load, albeit less maneuverable.
Ive got those....I was thinking this would be nice for when I take it hunting and there is limited room on the bike. basically work as an extra rack,,,,with good strapdown points.
I think I will just take it back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts