Anyone remember this buck???????

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by xxx, Feb 27, 2006.

1. xxx

xxx Guest

Harvested in Sweet Spring area in 2004...........

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sho do, there are some pics posted of it from the Chillicothe Classic!!! Looks like an over fried bloomin onion still in velvet!!!!!

3. xxx

xxx Guest

yep....... ugly (IMHO) for sure but one nice harvest..... Good eye fireman.......

4. VanClevedoeklr

VanClevedoeklr New Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Van Cleve, Mo
    Is that the one they couldn't score b/c they couldn't figure out how to measure it?

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

No, it's scored at 282 and change, by Mo Show Me Big Bucks Club, and is our state record taken by a hunter, in the non typical catagory...BUT, BnC wouldn't take it, calling it a cactus buck and ineligible for entry into the BnC record books...

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I cheated mrb...I helped green score that one....lol

7. xxx

xxx Guest

Should have known....... SS is too close to Marshall for sure..... :cheers::cheers:

8. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Now I have a question on this buck!

A cactus buck, as I underatand from its definatition, doesn't ever lose it's velvet... and this buck lost all of his velvet! So how is he classified?

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Lefty, look at mrb's first pic, he was in full velvet when killed....the hunter had the velvet removed, trying to get it into BnC....

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Ok, hard to tell from the pic, but take my word for it, he was in full velvet when killed....lol.

11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Ok, thanks for the info.

I could have sworn that when the buck was first taken there was some question about this exact topic... From what I remember, the buck was somewhat coming out of velvet when it was taken, and there was some question on if he was eligible for the B&C.

12. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I helped green score it, I believe the day after it was killed...a day or 2 anyway, and it was definitely in full velvet...I asked the guy if the deer had testicles...he said, yea, and they looked just fine!!! I guess he had been asked this question alot since killin the deer...lol. The deer has a 4 point typical rack, if I remember the score sheet...so IMO, BnC should have taken it, but they didn't...

13. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Sounds good to me... thanks a lot for the info!!
    :cheers::cheers: