Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Decent amount of deer last night...just not the right one for me. That being said, with the dampness from the rain and the amount of foliage, those jokers would sneak up on you! They were in your lap before you knew it :) But, didn't get busted either.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sure was a pretty morning out in JeffCo. Had a few does come by within range but not looking to fill the freezer just yet unless there's a nice rack attached. Talked to a neighbor and got access to another spot down the road that's covered in pawpaw, so all in all a successful morning!
Rainbow Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Not a fun Friday
Well, other than my results all came back good.... Gonna go bust some clays here in a little bit. Smell of burnt gunpowder always makes it better.

·
Triple Creek Hunter
1,190 Posts
Wife and I saw a show Thursday evening. Had several deer come into plots. A 2 1/2 yr old 8pt around 7 followed by 5 or 6 does around 7 :20 . Then right in front of our blind had an small 8 come in. Not more than couple mins later nice buck came in. Think it was the tall 10pt I wanted her to shoot. It was getting dark so hard to tell don't think she could see through her scope anyway. About two mins later another buck came in think it was another 8pt. The small 8 that was in front of our blind went after thus I last guy the 10 was 20 yds dead in front us finally wind shifted and trotted off. In the mean time the two small 8pts went at it. Not just pushing but knock down drag out. They locked up at one point and the bigger of the two flipped the other buck off his feet and he went down still locked they fought to within 10yds of our stand before one broke loose and ran off.
Pretty cool wife had never seen a fight.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Back at it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Went this morning to checkout some new access and I am a very happy guy. Climbed up into a walnut tree and got to see a young 4 point poke around and was chased off by something I couldn't get eyes on. I think this spot will pay off big time in the evenings next week if the forecast holds with cold temps. Across the road is a bean field.
Plant Chainsaw Sky Tree Branch

21 - 39 of 39 Posts