Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the movement this morning? Who is heading out this afternoon?

1:42 - 3:42 moon chart shows good movement today and 2:30-4:30 tomorrow afternoon....maybe a good reason to get to the stands a little earlier in the afternoons, if you believe in such madness.

Best of luck, I imagine a few will hit the dirt the next two days.

·
Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,743 Posts
ACORNS.......ACORNS........ACORNS
I don't know how the acorn crop is on your hunting grounds but here on Casa Del Bunk it has to be a record crop.

You need a hard hat to keep from being beaten silly when walking in the woods It's literally RAINING acorns!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Leaving at lunch to see if I can catch them up on a white oak ridge this afternoon. Haven't been up on the ridge for a while...hopefully it has the acorns I'm banking on :)

·
#pointsmatter
2,806 Posts
Probably the best cold front in early season since I have been bow hunting. I don't hunt morning till around the 20th of October but I think I'm going to try it in the morning. Taking the boy tomorrow after school and hope to get a look at his target. The number 1 buck moved off the reservation a little but I'm going to set up for his hopeful return. Future son in law already killed a 5 year old 8 that my boy passed. Great 1st bow buck. Wifey is dialed in and she's going out too this weekend I'm sure.

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,876 Posts
I’ll let you know Saturday once I make my first sit in a tree stand.

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Just got in a stand, the rain hit just in time to save Bambi last night. Maybe him or his grandpa will show tonight.

Reactions: Dafish

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m out. Oak flat with a water hole just off the edge of 1/2 acre of clover and then 40 acres of beans (still green). Bedding to my N & NE. NNE wind with my scent blowing into a cow pasture. Looks good on paper

1 - 20 of 39 Posts