anyone need a rifle? (youth)

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by JimH, Oct 29, 2010.

1. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    was poking around 24hr and ran across this ad, the guy is in st charles and the price is realy good when you consider it comes with a timney trigger installed. if face to face i would think you could pull 25.00 or so dollars out of the already low price. i will kick myself for not picking it up myself but i'm just tapped out of fun $$ these days.
    http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...97/Re_FS_youth_stocked_Mauser_30_#Post4544897

i do not know the guy nor have i seen the rifle, i just saw the ad and then saw the location and thought it might be a nice oportunity for someone around st louis.
    btw i'm headed out the door in a min for the youth hunt with my kid, wont be available if you try to u2u me until sun.

2. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    I saw that on there yesterday, Jim. Seems pretty interesting and it's a good deal. I just wonder how recoil would be since it's an Aught 6.

3. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    [rquote=1869423&tid=130139&author=cummins5.9]I saw that on there yesterday, Jim. Seems pretty interesting and it's a good deal. I just wonder how recoil would be since it's an Aught 6.[/rquote]
    use recoil manage loads until the kid grows some, then replace the stock with a full size. i would fill the hollow stock with expanding foam myself and that will help more than you think. i did that to my .280 and there was a difference. heck you could part that out and make more than he's asking for it.

4. kevthebassman

kevthebassman New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Eureka
    That's an excellent price on that rifle.

5. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Lebanon
    the manage recoil ammo is great. my son loves it. I was supprised at the difference in point of impact as compared to Reminton regular 165 gr bullets.
    The difference was 3.5" southeast.