Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boys are hitting me up to take them duck hunting at their Grandpa's lake...... Can anyone fill me in on how to clean one?

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
kind of counting your ducks before they are dead ain't ya:rof2:

here is my directions for puddlers, make a smal slit in the skin in the center of the breast. remove skin away from breast meat, take a sharp knife and remove breast. take a trash bag of your choosing, insert duck without breast. wash breast, soak in water for a couple days changing out water twice a day and freeze. when ready eat.

for divers do the same and when froze, give to the mother in law to cook up and devour.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Yep just breast them out about like you would a turkey.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Originally posted by wingmaninmo

for divers do the same and when froze, give to the mother in law to cook up and devour.
:rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Originally posted by hodawg
It is better to be prepared then to be un-prepared....
true dat, good luck

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
He said CLEANING!

Just take em in the shower with ya, that's what Money Maker does.....

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
Thought MMs fetish was cheekins.:eek:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
1) pluck stomach feathers
2) cut along breast bone all the way down on the left, and right, cutting it as you would cut the breast of a turkey off.

make sure you get the little tender strips!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I've always taught my boys that if they are going to shoot something, they have to eat it or at least clean it and give it to someone who will eat it. I'm not a fan of duck meat at all, but want them to try it and make their own decisions. Thanks again for the advice - hopefully we'll have some pics to share soon!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry leasburg - we're thinking about making this a family tradition. A christmas eve duck/goose hunt on Grandpa's lake...

Grandpa hasn't let anyone duck hunt there at all, so we'll see what happens. Hope it's not frozen up by Wednesday...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts