Anyone hunting Howard Co?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by cstansberry3, Oct 29, 2010.

1. I have hunted just about every free minute I have had this year, mainly in the evening. It has been really slow, my few encounters have been deep in the woods. There have been some younger fellas cruising scrape lines and we have seen lots of scrape activity the past few weeks but are just now seeing the rubs start. Anyone else in the area having a tough go of it? It is slowly progressing at our farms, but with the trail cam pictures we have its tough not even getting a glimpse at a shooter! Just curious about Howard Co. Lots of friends have been having better luck in different areas.

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Hunted HOCO last weekend. No shooters seen but had deer in range though on Friday.
    Saturday hung stands and stunk the place up... saw nada Sat afternoon which didnt surprise me after all the commotion we made.

Get to gruntin this weekend... should be GOOD. Good luck.

3. 150

150 New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Saint James MO
    Seen very few last weekend, three to be exact. None were bucks, but there were some rubs and scrapes.
    I put a camera out over a scrape going to check it Saturday.

4. Sounds like the trend out there I guess. Just have to keep plugging away, the switch has to flip sometime. I have done some light rattling and grunting, my best encounter came right to the rattle, but it was a young 8. Nov. 3 is my special day, so I have my fingers crossed. Good luck to you guys, too!

5. Anyone else in the area???

6. BigPunkus

BigPunkus New Member

May 21, 2006
    Boonville
    I havent been yet but I've seen several deer everymorning to and from work. I know a few folks who have bben out and they havent noticed a difference. Could be the area of howard though.

7. combatmedic

combatmedic Senior Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Boone County
    pretty normal for this time of month....getn better tho.

8. carbon-sniper-nate

carbon-sniper-nate New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    It has been terrible there for me usually see alot a deer at our farm in HoCo but this year nothing my luck as been alot better in chariton even though it not that far apart.

9. vmcfadden

vmcfadden Member

Oct 5, 2008
    PA
    I think the big ones are starting to show theirself. Look @ the new post. You will know what I mean.