anyone hunt scotland or knox counties?

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by southjerseyarcher, Feb 18, 2006.

1. southjerseyarcher

southjerseyarcher New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    southern new jersey
    would like to learn about area, i found a few outfitter and leases available in those areas, what do you think?

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I haven't hunted them personally, but have done some real estate appraisals there, and both counties look really good for deer and turkeys!!!

3. southjerseyarcher

southjerseyarcher New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    southern new jersey
    thanks fireman

im slowly learning as i go about your state and chatting to other hunters like yourself is a big help. :cheers:

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Hey, no problem!!! It's one of the many great things we all like about Missouri Whitetails!!!!!!

5. deer_slayer

deer_slayer New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    High Ridge, MO
    I have done a little hunting in both counties. It's a pretty good area. I'm looking at a lease just over the line in Lewis county for this year. I had pretty good luck in that area last year.

6. mosheds

mosheds New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    northeast missouri
    I'm new to the site but I just wanted to reply by saying that I hunt both counties and have had very good luck. just some input.

7. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Is this where you are going to take me turkey hunting this spring mosheds.:D

8. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    My friends lease a tad over 5000 acers in Scottland County. I have been up there a few times and have always hade a sucessfull hunt. I got my first tom up there last spring first week and then anohter tom on teh second week. I shoot a total of 7 deer up there this fall between bow and rifle saeason.

I gettign to go back up there for this spring terky season for a week, we spliting up tail en dof week one and first part of week 2.

9. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    If you have a couple leases you know about and don't want one of them let me know. I have a lease over in Lewis county but year by year the woods seem to disappear. It wont be long before there are no woods left.

10. EHShunter

EHShunter New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Hurdland, MO
    i hunt in knox co. it's really good, deer are everywhere, if you hunt em right.

11. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    On the buliten board at the gastation in memfis that we stop to get gas for the last leg to the hunting lease, there is always soem farmer abouncing the willingness to lease his land for hunting. I rite them down if i see any of them this trip in late april and will post them.

12. mosheds

mosheds New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    northeast missouri
    Yes riverbottomhunter if you want to go we can can kill a bird in one of these counties

13. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Sounds good mosheds. Ill get your # this weekend at work.