Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,924 Posts
My daughter has a Ruger 10/22 look alike AR.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I looked at one of the colt m4's in a gun store the other day and really liked it. Went back 2 days later to get it and it was gone.

·
17,674 Posts
You can buy a .22 upper to fit your AR lower and "convert" it back and forth.:claphands::claphands::claphands:

It would make a cool squirrel gun!:woot:

·
Registered
32,439 Posts
I like the looks of the Ruger SR-22. The action is the same as the 10/22, but its built in an AR frame.

[file]83475[/file]

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Side note on the colt(which is more expensive), the charging handle is fake and just for looks. The Smith totally functions like a real AR and also if you want any drop in trigger for an AR will work in it if you want a match trigger (I have no problem with the stock one) and any other AR accessories will go right on.

I like the looks of mine with a carry handle sight.

[file]83523[/file]

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,980 Posts
Get'ya a Regular AR, then buy the CMMG .22 conversion kit. Best of both worlds.....:thinking:

·
19,584 Posts
[rquote=1505115&tid=104979&author=callaojoe]Get'ya a Regular AR, then buy the CMMG .22 conversion kit. Best of both worlds.....:thinking:[/rquote]

I thought about that, but was wondering if the accuracy would be the same as a dedicated .22 AR? :shrug:

FYI ~ there's an article & review of 8 different "tactical rimfire's" in the January issue of Shooting Illustrated (which really peaked my interest in buying one).

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,980 Posts
Cabela's has the Colt M-4 ops .22 AR on Sale starting this weekend for $589...... Just in case you hafta have one.....:D

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
[rquote=1505191&tid=104979&author=Chairman][rquote=1505115&tid=104979&author=callaojoe]Get'ya a Regular AR, then buy the CMMG .22 conversion kit. Best of both worlds.....:thinking:[/rquote]

I thought about that, but was wondering if the accuracy would be the same as a dedicated .22 AR? :shrug:

FYI ~ there's an article & review of 8 different "tactical rimfire's" in the January issue of Shooting Illustrated (which really peaked my interest in buying one).[/rquote]

The accuracy thing concerned me too.

And, it was an excuse to get another whole gun instead of a barrel or conversion for what I already have. :D

·
19,584 Posts
[rquote=1505200&tid=104979&author=Refuze2falo]Rick
What does their review say? Did they pick a top choice?[/rquote]

The author stated that he had no intention of picking the best, because they are all very different.

BUT...he did state that the Ruger SR-22 was the most accurate, with the Colt M4 (Umarex USA) coming in a close second (and ran flawlessly).

FYI ~ the Ruger SR-22 uses any factory or after-market 10//22 magazines.

The Colt M4 is manufactured by Walther, and imported by Umarex USA under the Colt trademark.

The one I'm interested in (S&W M&P15-22) wasn't available for a review :mad2: ). Given S&W's association with Walther, you might expect this to be another version of the Colt M4 Walther manufactures for Umarex USA...well, it's not. It is a S&W engineered design, built in the U.S.A., with a working bolt catch, and polymer upper & lower receivers.

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
[rquote=1505253&tid=104979&author=Chairman][rquote=1505200&tid=104979&author=Refuze2falo]Rick
What does their review say? Did they pick a top choice?[/rquote]

The author stated that he had no intention of picking the best, because they are all very different.

BUT...he did state that the Ruger SR-22 was the most accurate, with the Colt M4 (Umarex USA) coming in a close second (and ran flawlessly).

FYI ~ the Ruger SR-22 uses any factory or after-market 10//22 magazines.

The Colt M4 is manufactured by Walther, and imported by Umarex USA under the Colt trademark.

The one I'm interested in (S&W M&P15-22) wasn't available for a review :mad2: ). Given S&W's association with Walther, you might expect this to be another version of the Colt M4 Walther manufactures for Umarex USA...well, it's not. It is a S&W engineered design, built in the U.S.A., with a working bolt catch, and polymer upper & lower receivers.[/rquote]

Also, the barrels for the M&P15-22 are made by Thompson Center.

·
19,584 Posts
Geez...

I guess I should'a mentioned the rifles that were in the review... :stickfight:

FYI ~ not all rifles were AR clones.

1) ATI GSG Kalishnikov

2) Kel-Tec SU-22

3) Remington 597 VTR

4) Ruger SR-22

5) Umarex USA Colt M4

6) Walther G22

Not available for review: