Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

1,533 Posts
Hit dead water pockets and current seams that have rock, wood or preferably both and you'll find bass. River bass are easy to find and catch. That holds true no matter what stretch of the river you're on.
Can be easy to find but sometimes hard to catch. Constant influx of flood waters have made the rivers loaded with nutrition for the fish this year. Somedays are better than others on the streams I hit. Higher water level this year than average years has allowed the fish to be more spread out this summer. The right colors and presentation are a little more important this year. Bright neon yellow and orange/yellow/black have been productive for me on the goggle eye and smallmouth this year.

· Banned
8,176 Posts
How far down on the merrymec ? Aint no Bass down below pacific ......What are you wanting to go after ? lots of carps and gar (Trash fish) below pacifica and down through George winters

· Registered
13,461 Posts
Can be easy to find but sometimes hard to catch. Constant influx of flood waters have made the rivers loaded with nutrition for the fish this year. Somedays are better than others on the streams I hit. Higher water level this year than average years has allowed the fish to be more spread out this summer. The right colors and presentation are a little more important this year. Bright neon yellow and orange/yellow/black have been productive for me on the goggle eye and smallmouth this year.
The fishing was really good this past weekend on both Gasconade and Meramec. We had a tournament Saturday at Bell Chutes on the Nade and 17 out of 21 boats weighed in limits. That's exceptional. The fish are finally over there spawning funk and are putting on the feed bags. It didn't matter what you threw either. Quite a few 2+ fish caught too. Heard fishing was also very good on the Meramec well below Sand Ford.

High and dirty water can be tough fishing, but it also makes for the best fishing for those who know where it pushes the fish. Our high water tournaments are always feast or famine. The ones who know how to fish it will bring in some mega bags while others may not catch a single fish all day.

· Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How far down on the merrymec ? Aint no Bass down below pacific ......What are you wanting to go after ? lots of carps and gar (Trash fish) below pacifica and down through George winters
Tried fishing the bank near fenton. Was after bass. There r definitely alot of carp and gar. I usually try to get those with the bow when i c them. But im really after bass

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.