Anyone else seen this on Whisker Biscuits

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Gutpile, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    In a previous topic you may have seen that I got a new rig last week. While I was shooting the new setup up the plastic ring that the actualy biscuit fits into on my rest broke. Its the part that actually attached with the screws to the rest....No sweat took it to the counter the owner popped open an new pack and scavenged the broken piece from that package. I went back to shooting with no real worries and everything seemed fine.

I can came home but it in its case, and the other day I took it out and was looking it over and noticed that this same piece is again cracked and about to break...it cracking in the exact same spot. I am heading over the the archery shop today to get this resolved.

I really like the Biscuit, but this is not cool. Has anyone else seen this, is the screw being cranked down to tight? Its not like the shaft is slapping against it or anything cause sheesh if that were the cause the noise and arrow flight would horrendous.

Thoughts? anyone? If this issue persist then I will have to look for a different hunting rest...maybe a bodoodle or just a good ol fashing 2 pronger....:banghead:

2. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    sometings not right for sure i would guess frist like you say the screws are being cranked to much
    i have had a biscuit three years ahd changed the replacement part once

no problems here.

3. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    You think it busted because I accidentally put the arrow in upside down and had the odd feather down? Its possible that I did it once or twice, but I really doubt it since that is the way I shot on my old bow.

Mike, are you thinking that arrow has to fit more snugly into that opening versus just resting on the bottom bristles...your post wasnt exactly clear. And what do you mean I met franko?

4. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    no it didn't bust because you had an arrow up side down once or twice i would have a hard time beiveing if you always shot it upside down it would bust even

and the black bristles on the bottom are made a little stiffer yes and the arrow should rest on them it cant just hang in the air that defies gravity....but there not so stiff you can't shoot througt i would thing i would affect the flight of your arrow but not break the rest

its either tightend to tight......or so far off center or up and down its crazy but this should show up in arrow filght or paper tuning. i would think it would have to be so far out of wack that you would hear the back of the arrow smacking it though.

5. i have had mine for almost a year and no such problems....

6. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    HFF my thoughts exactly at 20 yds I was shooting at a piece of yellow tape about twice the size of a quarter and had to start shooting a different piece since I was hitting my own arrows, and even smoked the fletching of my of my new arrows, so I really dont think thats the issue and we shot it through paper and had a barely noticeable nock high tear, I mean really minor, to the point that we werent certain if it was really even a nock high tear at all, and as I said the groups were really good.

I dont have the package, he installed it at the shop and tossed the package....and the firewall here wont let us go to any vendor webstire thats even remotely related to weapons of any variety even an arrow rest manufacterer.

7. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    i would say if this ones cracking then it has to be to much muscle in the little screws then
    if your concerned they might come loose take the screws out and put a lttie blue lock tie one them and just snugg them down good see how that works

8. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Is it posable your nock is smacking it when you shoot? I have never used a WB so not to sure how they work but would agree that it may be to much mussle on the screws.

"If your concerned they might come loose take the screws out and put a lttie blue lock tie"....... i like to wrap all the screws with a couple wraps of white teflon tape.

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Whiskerbiscuit here for 2+yrs and no problems.

10. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Chase like I said, I just can see how the nock could be hitting the rest and still be getting good flight/groups....plus my fletchings would really look bad it the shaft were close enough to allow the nock to hit.....

11. shooter22

shooter22 New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Fort Scott, KS
    same dealer, same product, probably the same maunfacturing run, Id say bad batch of plastic

12. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    That thought also crossed my mind

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Gutpile... did you get your whisker biscuit dealy figured out today?

14. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Looks like the screws that are on the shelf side of rest had come loose which seemed to allow the biscuit to move and flex on each shot....

They were out of biscuits actually right now. The were able to glue it and tighten it up and when he gets more biscuits in I am gonna get it replaced...I swear he checked every screw on that bow 3 times to make sure they were tight, but somehow missed those two screws....I shot it last night and the crack doesnt seem to affect it really.

It groups really well right now, fit my thumb and index finger around my groups when I am doing things correctly...just that I will shoot 4 nice arrows and have one that hits off the mark, or I will shoot a group that is a off to the left or high. This is especially noticeable towards the end of my sessions.

This is the first time I have shot with a peep after many years of shooting, thats taking some getting used to.

One thing that I am getting used to is a solid back wall, sheesh my old bow was spongy as they come, this bow is really different in that sense.

I keep finding myself playing with my grip, elbow flexed or not flexed etc...But I have lots of time to work out the kinks. I have basically only shot one bow for the last 9 years and this one is taking some time to work into.