Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Does anyone hunt them in the dark? A guy I know told me that he hunts them by moonlight, not spotlight, and goes out a well moon-lit night witha shot gun and a varmint call. Anyoneelse do this?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Originally posted by Booches
Does anyone hunt them in the dark? A guy I know told me that he hunts them by moonlight, not spotlight, and goes out a well moon-lit night witha shot gun and a varmint call. Anyoneelse do this?
That was the local CA recommended method. Though it didn't work for me and Feb. Haven't been since.

·
19,585 Posts

Does anyone hunt them in the dark?
I've thought about getting a night-vision scope, but gosh darn it, they are expensive...

We've got a lot of 'yotes 'round here, and they sure need to be thinned out. I hear them howling all night, and that's usually when I wished I had a NV scope... :frown:

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I've killed four coyotes and a bobcat so far. I've called one other bobcat and two coyotes that didn't get shot for one reason or another. Cold weather will make it really good now and I'm just getting started - yippee!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
The moon will start getting brighter in the next month, and I'm going to be out there. Its a WHOLE lot easier to see when there's a snow on, but if it gets bright, I'll be out there anyways.

Shoal Creek and I went out last month in the dark with no luck.

VG and I did some calling the other night, and got some vocal responses in one of our sets, but no one showed up to play.

Parker

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Called Fri evening and all i saw were deer. so i went out this evening with the bow after deer and saw 2 yotes. It seems like there just messing with me.:sniper:

·
King of Callaway
43,173 Posts
Yep, a clear night with a little snow can be a blast, course last time we did it had one coming in on a string and clouds rolled in :stickfight: lucky dog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.