Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is a bsa contencer scope 4x16x50 ans has a long barrel at the front that has numbers plumb up to 150 and what are those for?...thanks in advance...aslo the scope is like new

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured that but wasnt sure...just tryin to get and idea what its worth ima put it on a new deer rifle soon

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
to be honest i see no need for that much magnification nor a OA for a deer hunting rig. (opinions vary though) also BSA sometimes stands for BeenScrewedAgain. (just ask mailman :stirpot: )

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The 40mm version sells for around $150-$170 new, get a Leupold or a Nikon

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I've got a BSA deerhunter 4X on a Savage model 62 .22 & it has worked fine for years, so I really can't speak for the quality of one on a rifle that produces recoil, if you buy it let us know how it performs.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got this scope free..just wondering what it was worth or any in put on it...may never put it on a rifle...but it does seem clear

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
[rquote=1495767&tid=104380&author=JimH]to be honest i see no need for that much magnification nor a OA for a deer hunting rig. (opinions vary though) also BSA sometimes stands for BeenScrewedAgain. (just ask mailman :stirpot: )[/rquote]

Whoa!!.....back up the horses.....

I have a BSA Sweet17 scope on my Marlin 17V 17HMR and really like it. I've had it for a few years now and it does everything that they claim it is supposed to do. Got that little bugger dialed in and it shoots just as good as any of my Leupolds that I have. And I like my AO on mine and the one that ghb has would be a good scope to put on a .17HMR rifle.

Here is what my "Worthless" BSA scope will do.

[file]82221[/file]

[file]82219[/file]

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
what about that bsa red dot? :innocent:
i know you've had good luck with your sweet 17, but if i was going to have to hang my luck on a scope for a centerfire to hold up when i needed it for that trophey buck, i just don't think i would be hanging my hat on a BSA. i don't believe you have a BSA on top that Rem of yours either :stirpot:

·
Former Chicken Man
20,432 Posts
[rquote=1495787&tid=104380&author=DanF]Everyone has their favorite scope brand they would recommend...never recall reading BSA as one of them...[/rquote]

That's true. I don't want anything but Redfield Widefield scopes, and my least favorite is Tasco.

·
Registered
31,299 Posts
we have a BSA 4x scope on matts .223, been on there for years and has taken all the abuse a youth hunter can dish out to a scope...including the gun sliding off the trunk of my car and landing on the scope this year:toilet: took it to the target range and it was dead on the money.
I had a bsa red dot on my 12g turkey gun and punished that thing with so may round of 3" turkey loads I lost count. thing never skipped a beat.
BSA red dot on my nephews .243, same thing..it has taken all the abuse a youth hunter can dish out on a gun..and hasnt messed up in years.

:shrug:

I'd sooner have a BSA on my wifes gun than that bushnell thats on there..that things a piece of crap

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
[rquote=1496038&tid=104380&author=macon county boy]hey mm your giving the bsa too much credit give credit where credit is due to the marlin :cheers:[/rquote]

I agree mcb.....Here is the scoop.....I had been thinking about gettng a .17 HMR for awhile and I happen to be at the Cabelas store and spotted a used one in the Collectors room on the back corner rack. This is where they stack rifles that they have bought used or traded for. It was just sitting there calling out my name. It had the BSA scope on it already. I had brought in an old Rem. 870 that I had no use for to see what I could find in a trade. Ended up trading for it plus they gave me $50 and a box of shells. I hadn't done any research on the rifle or scope so I took a blind gamble. Turns out this little gun shoots sweet and the scope so far has held up to my standards. Once it fails on me I'll join in with the other on here that don't care for them. But right now...it is not Worthless...no way...no how.

And as for the BSA Red Dot JimH....I can't say I got burnt or not...as of yet anyway. Once I get it mounted and tested out I can make my determination whether or not it is junk.

And for the Record......I WOULD NOT PUT A BSA SCOPE ON ANY OF MY DEER RIFLES. My choices are Leupold and Nikon in that order.... end of story.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.