Anybody know what kinda flowers these are?

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by nastyjack63, May 31, 2009.

1. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    Last spring my daughter gave me some flower seed she got at school. She said it was a mix of "wild flowers" maybe they are I don't have a clue but there are a lot of 'em. I planted them on a hillside that I had sprayed w/roundup just to see what would happen.
    [​IMG]

another variety.
    [​IMG]

Whatever these are they are sure doing well.
    [​IMG]

2. nastyjack63

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    The butterfly's sure enjoy the flowers. Had to have been several dozen flying around.
    [​IMG]

3. nastyjack63

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    While I was out I checked one of my wheat plots that I had frost seeded clover into. There is a very good stand of clover down in there.
    [​IMG]

4. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

I believe that the first one is fire blanket, lance leaf coreopsis is my guess on #2.

5. jaytee

jaytee New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Fair Grove
    Those fire blankets sure are pretty, I might have to get me some of those to put in my mix.

6. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Haven't the foggiest idea what they are but I do know that they are pretty.:2thumbsup:

7. hambone2008

hambone2008 New Member

May 26, 2008
    audrain
    PURPLE STICKY PUNCH................
    LOL
    :claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

8. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    First one looks like Gaillardia or blanket flower. Second is a coreopsis.:cheers::cheers:

9. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1281719&tid=89674&author=hambone2008]PURPLE STICKY PUNCH................
    LOL
    :claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:[/rquote]

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

10. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

Jack,

I have a bunch of those coreopsis's comin up behind the house. They smell really good!

:kewlpics:

11. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    [rquote=1281527&tid=89674&author=letemgrow]I believe that the first one is fire blanket, lance leaf coreopsis is my guess on #2.[/rquote]

I know #2 is right. I first thought of plains coreopsis on the first one, but after looking up fire blanket, I pretty sure that is correct.

Pretty cool Jack and a great gift if you ask me. :2thumbsup: