Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm needing prices on:
12-2 with ground
12-3 with ground
10-2 with ground
8-2 with ground
4-0 feed
aquapex tubing

If any of ya got a cheap outlet for this post away. After finding out what a contract wants just to finish off the inside of my barn ($130,000), I've decided to act as the contractor. There's no reason to pay his prices when I can free up my summer and do a lot of this myself. I've got some fairly good prices now, but I just thought that I'd throw it out there and see what ya'll had to offer. It's worth a shot if I could save a few bucks.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WAS using a contractor to finish off ALL of it which was roughly 1,800 sq. ft.
NOW I'm finding out that I can do most of it. CHEAPER

·
5,631 Posts
Hayz, let me know when you're ready to do your HVAC. I may have to clear a weekend or so and come help you out. I've got framing experience too. Just holler at me.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HVAC will consist of radiant floor heating, a bucl stove and a couple window air units. If ya wanna come help plug my window units in I'll buy your beer. :eek:
Actually, been thinking of throwing together a framing party once the shell of the barn is completed. I bet 10 guys could get the thing framed up in a day and a half.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
WOW!!!

That guy was wanting some serious money....He wanted that kind of money just to finish it off?? Pretty high once you figure you can build a very nice home from the ground up for starting around $90.00 a sq. ft.

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
copper just took another 18% increase. If you got wire prices get them in writing and make sure they will honor them with a time.

Give me some totals on how much of all you need and I'll get a quote for you also.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pipe, I might just take you up on that.

hunter7x - I haven't got a solid estimate yet, stay tuned

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Hayzer, 'member what I said 'bout the nail drivin too! :cheers:
Ditto

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:eek: hmmm looks to three helpers so far?
Could I get 10 and set a work day?

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:bangin: dsg's ALWAYS thinking.
I know but one worker at the prison. I don't care to know any of the residents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts