anybody else think this?

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Bowkil, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    i dont know why but i line my broadhead up to my vanes. if im shootin 2 blade i have the blades go up and down. i have it line up with the odd vane. im shure it doesnt do anything, but one day i did this and shot my best so i line it up all thie time now.

2. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I used to do it all the time also because thats how I was told to do it. I haven't found that it makes enough difference to worry about now.
    It might with a 2 blade, but not with my Muzzy 3 blades.

3. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    I tried it once and it made no difference how I shot. The thought was that the vanes would cut through the same air that the blades already did. That doesn't happen.

But, if lineing up the broadhead with the vanes makes you more confident in your ability to hit your target, then go for it.

4. spm26191

spm26191 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Mexico, MO
    I shoot Muzzy 4 blades so I don't worry about it. I asked a friend about it when i shot 3 blades and we came to the conclusion it didn't make any dif. JMHO

5. thh058

thh058 Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Jefferson County
    as stated above, it doesn't matter. the only thing that matters is that your broadhead is spinning true on the shaft.

6. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    i just have to have them perfect for deer season. im just bored got to wait a long time for the opener. im so addicted to bowhuntin deer. got turkeies to look foward too. its just a ***** when they bust ya.

7. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    I shoot instinctive (no sights) so I line the main blade of my Bear razorheads so that when I cant my bow, the blade is vertical because if I dont, the broadhead catches my attention and will sometimes mess up my focus on the target. Sounds silly I know but its what I have to do.

8. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Yes. If it feels right do it. :wave:

9. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I tune my bear razorheads straight up and down . It seems to help. At least it makes me feel better.:D

:cheers::cheers:

10. never have tried it
    i would nt think it would make ne difference..:bangin: