Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting to see if anyone else is out on opening day and if anyone was successful.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,510 Posts
I get limited opportunity to hunt because of work.... I limit my time to cool weather hunts pretty much these days.

I am surprised we don't have at least one deer down thread started though.... Used to be, an annual thing on MWT, who would post the first "Hit a good one" thread... :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but it was pretty windy, didn't see much but some squirrels. Maybe this evening will turn out better.
I get limited opportunity to hunt because of work.... I limit my time to cool weather hunts pretty much these days.

I am surprised we don't have at least one deer down thread started though.... Used to be, an annual thing on MWT, who would post the first "Hit a good one" thread... :D
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, kinda disappointing really.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Just make sure if you head out today, pick up the blood trail as soon as possible. If they are dead, it’s important to find them before they possibly come back to life!

Reactions: Maddux

·
Registered
869 Posts
I saw a forky this morning. Mosquitoes were horrible! I’m gunna wait till it gets a little cooler. Was nice to get out though

·
Under appreciated
89,279 Posts
This afternoon one will die, I hope!

but, did see a picture of a really nice 10 that died to an arrow this morning!!
Be sure and do a live from the stand.

• Love
Reactions: callaojoe

·
PURE KILLER
38,013 Posts
Seems to be a pretty good morning for hunting ,caped off 4 so far. Of course the killers were pretty young and tough guys pumped to hunt. Lol

·
Registered
22,586 Posts
peak moon movement today coincides with general peak movement, 7-9 am and last hour of daylight.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,364 Posts
I’m waiting for the “anyone know a good blood trail dog” thread.
I have to disagree beings that in itself says someone had a bad experience and there's a potentially forever lost wounded deer on the loose and a heartbroken hunter. I want to see successful pics and hear stories of the same.
We all want successful hunts/quick kills. But that thread will pop up, it always does….

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,580 Posts
Only success stories we'll hear are from the 100 yard crossbow guys,

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Only success stories we'll hear are from the 100 yard crossbow guys,
I shoot a crossbow and I resistant that comment. Not all crossbow hunters are slobs. My farthest range is 30 yards. And I have known several compound shooters that will shoot 70 yards and beyond. I shoot a crossbow because my shoulders are shot. But even when I could shoot a compound I never put somebody down for their choice of weapon, we have enough people trying to stop us from enjoying the outdoors!!!! Ban together and support each other no matter what they shoot!!!
Mark

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,580 Posts
I shoot a crossbow and I resistant that comment. Not all crossbow hunters are slobs. My farthest range is 30 yards. And I have known several compound shooters that will shoot 70 yards and beyond. I shoot a crossbow because my shoulders are shot. But even when I could shoot a compound I never put somebody down for their choice of weapon, we have enough people trying to stop us from enjoying the outdoors!!!! Ban together and support each other no matter what they shoot!!!
Mark
Nobody called crossbow hunters a slob or made a derogatory comment about crossbows until you made this post fella.

Seems like ya got a bit triggered there big guy.

I don’t want to band with anyone though. There’s already to many people in the woods.

·
#pointsmatter
2,736 Posts
Just make sure if you head out today, pick up the blood trail as soon as possible. If they are dead, it’s important to find them before they possibly come back to life!
Got to make sure they bleed out by keeping them moving.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts